Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default 5 gal buckets stuck together....

Existential Angst wrote:
Awl --

I live by 5 gal buckets -- at any given time, I have between 25 and 60,
depending on how reliable neighbors are about returning them.

Hammering them apart, tho, is a real pita. Sometimes you *really* gotta
hammer!
How to keep them from sticking?

Thinking one or two sheetrock screws to just stop full insertion.
Thought of a line of epoxy on the outside to keep them from "sealing".

It's not, I don't believe, a vacuum problem, in which case a simple hole in
the bottom would suffice.

Any ingenious solutions out there?

Best I've seen is to drop a chunka' tubafor in the bottom so they
don't/can't bottom out...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Brilliant. I'd have never thought of that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"dpb" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:
Awl --

I live by 5 gal buckets -- at any given time, I have
between 25 and 60,
depending on how reliable neighbors are about returning
them.

Hammering them apart, tho, is a real pita. Sometimes you
*really* gotta
hammer!
How to keep them from sticking?

Thinking one or two sheetrock screws to just stop full
insertion.
Thought of a line of epoxy on the outside to keep them
from "sealing".

It's not, I don't believe, a vacuum problem, in which case
a simple hole in
the bottom would suffice.

Any ingenious solutions out there?

Best I've seen is to drop a chunka' tubafor in the bottom so
they
don't/can't bottom out...

Posted to alt.home.repair

"dpb" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:
Awl --

I live by 5 gal buckets -- at any given time, I have between 25 and 60,
depending on how reliable neighbors are about returning them.

Hammering them apart, tho, is a real pita. Sometimes you *really* gotta
hammer!
How to keep them from sticking?

Thinking one or two sheetrock screws to just stop full insertion.
Thought of a line of epoxy on the outside to keep them from "sealing".

It's not, I don't believe, a vacuum problem, in which case a simple hole
in the bottom would suffice.

Any ingenious solutions out there?

Best I've seen is to drop a chunka' tubafor in the bottom so they
don't/can't bottom out...

--

Make sure they are completely dry before stacking and store them under cover
so they don't get wet...Don't stack to many together either....HTH....