Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default roof framing question

On the current series of This Old House, they're (among other things)
putting a two-story, one-room-wide-ish addition on a house. The
addition has a gambrel roof, at right angles to the main roof.

For the ridge on the addition, they're using a double 2x12. This seems
kind of massive, to me. For instance, our (old) barn (not large, but
way bigger than their addition), also has a gambrel roof, and just a
1-x-whatever for the ridge board.

I'd be interested in any thoughts on this.

Thanks,
George

Roof framing quarshun Jack Home Repair 8 December 15th 08 02:24 AM
Porch roof framing breakdown [email protected] Woodworking 5 June 18th 07 04:06 AM
Framing nailer & Roof Building question [email protected] Home Repair 5 June 14th 07 09:41 PM
Repair advise on roof framing Dave Balderstone Woodworking 0 June 14th 07 05:38 AM
attic space vs roof framing CartMan Home Repair 3 July 22nd 06 08:53 PM