Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Question about 2 stage AC/Heat Pump

I just moved into a new house with an
Amana 2 stage AC/Heat Pump. It is
controlled by a Honeywell HZ432
multi-zone controller. For AC it 1st
kicks in on stage 1 and if the
temperature is not satisfied in 10
minutes (selectable on the HZ432), the
2nd stage will kick in. This is
especially good as I am in an area where
the temperature doesn't usually get real
high in the summer (western NC
mountains) which will allow unit will
run a bit longer to remove more
humidity. Now that it's heat pump
season, the same 10 minutes applies to
the heat pump. In my way of thinking, I
would like to see the heat pump go
directly to stage 2 so you can get as
much heat as possible. I have heard
here, many people complain about heat
pumps and the drafty feel, etc.,
however, in this house, the HVAC guy got
is right as I don't notice these
problems. BTW, previously I've had a
gas furnace for many, many years so I do
know how that feels. Am I thinking
wrong here? What are your opinions?
Thanks.

Heat pump question jentr_3@yaho_.com Home Repair 3 October 19th 09 06:28 PM
Heat Pump question bizee Home Repair 4 July 5th 06 05:44 PM
Heat Pump vs. 2-Stage Heat Pump Susan Home Repair 3 December 25th 05 08:43 PM
Considering Heat Pump, ROI question... [email protected] Home Repair 7 November 11th 05 07:25 AM
Zoned heat-pump and backup heat strip question Abe Home Repair 2 April 26th 05 01:54 AM