Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default DIY spray in foam insulation

I started replacing the siding on a pickup bed camper and when I got
the siding stripped down I found the fiberglass insulation was not in
the best shape. I was thinking of trying one of the DIY kits of
polyurethane spray in insulation instead of putting back more
fiberglass batting. Ive read the brochures but I wondered if anyone
has had any first hand experience using it. It looks to me like you
just keep spraying in thin layers , let them expand and set then do it
again to you get the thickness you want. I was looking for the
gotchas. My plan is to set the tanks up on a work table with casters
and have the wife push it around the camper following me. Hopefully
once we start we can just keep going until its done. Since the
framing is 2 X2 I figure two passes should be enough.

Jimmie

Spray foam Insulation Chas12 Home Repair 7 December 15th 05 05:57 AM
Spray Foam Insulation: dissappointed yourname Home Repair 4 November 15th 05 10:48 PM
Sources for DIY Spray Foam Insulation Wayne Whitney Home Repair 5 November 8th 05 01:15 AM
insulation spray foam FH Home Repair 19 April 30th 05 03:08 AM
spray foam insulation for drafts??? dude Home Repair 10 January 18th 05 05:54 PM