Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.engr.electrical.compliance,alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,sci.engr.civil,sci.engr.mech

Default Delays DUcting New Wall

Back in 1987 I saw the first steel-stud construction in an office I
was working in. The put up the studs and the sheet rock in two days
flat. But then they took three months doing the electrical and HVAC
ducting. Why? What can be done to change this? Is there a way that
the placement of the ducts can be so standardised that this can also
be "plug and play"? I believe that because of Katrina, they can now
prefab the entire wall's studs by CAD/CAM, but what about the ducting?
I admit that was a 1950s building, so the retrofit may have been the
bottleneck.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2