Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fluidmaster, Flush Yo Mama (and Granma, too!)!

I have an American "Standard" K54 foilet from 1954. Perhaps 18 years ago
I installed a Fluidmaster Flusher Fixer kit. Worked fine, for a long time.

Still works fine, but it needs a replacement flapper. I search everywhere,
can't find one. Call Fluidmaster, wait 20+ min., nobody home.

Fluidmaster has a "New, Improved" Flusher Fixer kit. Totally unlike the
old. I go to Homey-Flogging-Depot, that's all they got. Damned thang
looks like a Rube Goldberg Frankenstein.

Fluidmaster doesn't support replacement parts for it's products. Howcum
we don't have a reliable and dependable toilet fixtures company??

Terminally ****ed,
AQ

"The monkey and the baboon was playing 7-up.
The monkey won the money but he scared to pick it up.
The monkey stumbled, mama.
The baboon fell.
The monkey grab the money and he run like hell!"
- from "Dirty Motherfuyer", Roosevelt Sykes, around 1935
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have an American "Standard" K54 foilet from 1954. Perhaps 18 years ago
I installed a Fluidmaster Flusher Fixer kit. Worked fine, for a long time.

Still works fine, but it needs a replacement flapper. I search everywhere,
can't find one. Call Fluidmaster, wait 20+ min., nobody home.

Fluidmaster has a "New, Improved" Flusher Fixer kit. Totally unlike the
old. I go to Homey-Flogging-Depot, that's all they got. Damned thang
looks like a Rube Goldberg Frankenstein.

Fluidmaster doesn't support replacement parts for it's products. Howcum
we don't have a reliable and dependable toilet fixtures company??

parts. Home Depot does not sell things that are found at other
distributors.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 29 Sep 2009 17:18:22 -0400, "John Grabowski"
wrote:

I have an American "Standard" K54 foilet from 1954. Perhaps 18 years ago
I installed a Fluidmaster Flusher Fixer kit. Worked fine, for a long time.

Still works fine, but it needs a replacement flapper. I search everywhere,
can't find one. Call Fluidmaster, wait 20+ min., nobody home.

Fluidmaster has a "New, Improved" Flusher Fixer kit. Totally unlike the
old. I go to Homey-Flogging-Depot, that's all they got. Damned thang
looks like a Rube Goldberg Frankenstein.

Fluidmaster doesn't support replacement parts for it's products. Howcum
we don't have a reliable and dependable toilet fixtures company??

parts. Home Depot does not sell things that are found at other
distributors.

HD sells a FM kit for the tank, a complete kit. It requires the tank
removal and reset.

OP wants a flapper/parts. I suggest a complete all-in-one kit.