Posted to alt.home.repair

Default VCR help please

Hello all

I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to find
the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.

Can you help please?

Thank you
Posted to alt.home.repair

Luke wrote in
:

Hello all

I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to find
the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.

Can you help please?

Thank you

BTW I would have asked at an elevtronics group but most appear
dead.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic. Any leads would be helpful.
Thank you

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Luke wrote:

Luke wrote in
:

Hello all

I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to find
the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.

Can you help please?

Thank you

BTW I would have asked at an elevtronics group but most appear
dead.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic. Any leads would be helpful.
Thank you

sci.electronics.repair is not dead.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote in

sci.electronics.repair is not dead.

Will try there.

Thank you Smitty Two.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to find
the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.

You HAVE contacted SHARP electronics and asked them, right

Posted to alt.home.repair

What's a VCR?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Luke wrote:
Hello all

I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to find
the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.

Can you help please?

Thank you

Hmm,
You need a manual to operate a VCR? Or do you have a problem?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Tony Hwang wrote:
Luke wrote:
Hello all

I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to find
the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.

Can you help please?

Thank you

Hmm,
You need a manual to operate a VCR? Or do you have a problem?

Tried http://www.servicemanuals.net/thanky...alsnew2003.htm ?
Posted to alt.home.repair

LouB wrote:
Tony Hwang wrote:
Luke wrote:
Hello all

I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to find
the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.

Can you help please?

Thank you

Hmm,
You need a manual to operate a VCR? Or do you have a problem?

Tried http://www.servicemanuals.net/thanky...alsnew2003.htm ?

Go to this link, pay $3.50 and get yours. Item # TINS-3173AJZZ
Click on View models to verify your VCR
http://www.sharp-cart.com/ecom/acces...talog/ss_items

Posted to alt.home.repair

Mysterious Traveler wrote in
news
Luke wrote:
Hello all

I have spent the past hour on search engines and unable to
find the PDF Users Manual for a Sharp vcr model VC-A573U.

Can you help please?

Thank you

Go to this link, pay $3.50 and get yours. Item # TINS-3173AJZZ
Click on View models to verify your VCR
http://www.sharp-cart.com/ecom/acces...tion=getSearch
Items&ss_id=2462&view=catalog/ss_items

Thanks!

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 20:46:21 -0700 (PDT), Mike rock
wrote:

What's a VCR?

A Visual Cueing Resonator.
Posted to alt.home.repair

What's a VCR?

A Visual Cueing Resonator.

actually a obsolete device, like a buggy whip

note a DVR is now affordable, easier to use, and far more convenient.

you cant start watching a program recording on a VCR till its finished
recording.......

with a DVR that easy and just one advantage, no tapes to mess with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
What's a VCR?

A Visual Cueing Resonator.

actually a obsolete device, like a buggy whip

note a DVR is now affordable, easier to use, and far more convenient.

you cant start watching a program recording on a VCR till its finished
recording.......

with a DVR that easy and just one advantage, no tapes to mess with.

Yabut you can not save the recording in the box with other old tapes:-((
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 01 Oct 2009 07:37:54 -0400, LouB wrote:

bob haller wrote:
What's a VCR?
A Visual Cueing Resonator.

actually a obsolete device, like a buggy whip

note a DVR is now affordable, easier to use, and far more convenient.

you cant start watching a program recording on a VCR till its finished
recording.......

with a DVR that easy and just one advantage, no tapes to mess with.

Yabut you can not save the recording in the box with other old tapes:-((

Sure you can. Just hit 'record' on your VCR while playing back on
your DVR. g

Jim
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
What's a VCR?
A Visual Cueing Resonator.

actually a obsolete device, like a buggy whip

note a DVR is now affordable, easier to use, and far more convenient.

you cant start watching a program recording on a VCR till its finished
recording.......

with a DVR that easy and just one advantage, no tapes to mess with.

Yabut you can not save the recording in the box with other old tapes:-((

Sure you can. �Just hit 'record' on your VCR while playing back on
your DVR. � g

Jim- Hide quoted text -

or DVR the show, watch later and skip thru the commercials while
recording to a disc which takes up very littl;e storage space

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 02 Oct 2009 11:00:36 -0400, "Jeff The Drunk"
wrote:

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 06:44:05 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

[snip]

or DVR the show, watch later and skip thru the commercials while
recording to a disc which takes up very littl;e storage space

On an hour show there are usually 21 minutes of commercials.

I've found 15 to 19 minutes (except on PBS, where it's 4 to 8).

And remember if you have an HD DVR and record a lot of HD shows, your
rated recording capacity is about half of the advertised.

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 06:44:05 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

[snip]

or DVR the show, watch later and skip thru the commercials while
recording to a disc which takes up very littl;e storage space

On an hour show there are usually 21 minutes of commercials.

I've found 15 to 19 minutes (except on PBS, where it's 4 to 8).

And remember if you have an HD DVR and record a lot of HD shows, your
rated recording capacity is about half of the advertised.

Mark Lloydhttp://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster

I rarely watch commercials I skip past them giving me more time for
other things
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
What's a VCR?
A Visual Cueing Resonator.

actually a obsolete device, like a buggy whip

note a DVR is now affordable, easier to use, and far more
convenient.

you cant start watching a program recording on a VCR till its
finished
recording.......

with a DVR that easy and just one advantage, no tapes to mess with.

Yabut you can not save the recording in the box with other old
tapes:-((

Sure you can. ?Just hit 'record' on your VCR while playing back on
your DVR. ? g

Jim- Hide quoted text -

or DVR the show, watch later and skip thru the commercials while
recording to a disc which takes up very littl;e storage space

On an hour show there are usually 21 minutes of commercials.

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the commericals are more frequent than
that in the past few years, even on network TV. I can't watch anything in
real time anymore, except football, and the commericals are terrible there
too.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 2 Oct 2009 15:53:19 -0700, "Cheri"
wrote:

[snip]

Maybe it's just me, but it seems like the commericals are more frequent than
that in the past few years, even on network TV. I can't watch anything in
real time anymore, except football, and the commericals are terrible there
too.

Cheri

I'm often editing video (from Replays) to remove commercials. There
are more commercial breaks in new shows (including one just a few
seconds before the end of some).

Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us

"How could you ask me to believe in God when there's
absolutely no evidence that I can see?" -- Jodie Foster

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

On Thu, 1 Oct 2009 04:20:32 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

What's a VCR?

A Visual Cueing Resonator.

actually a obsolete device, like a buggy whip

note a DVR is now affordable, easier to use, and far more convenient.

You mean a Digital-cueing Visual Resonator. Yeah, I want to get me
one of those, so I can have MCR, mutual cueing resonation.

you cant start watching a program recording on a VCR till its finished
recording.......

with a DVR that easy and just one advantage, no tapes to mess with.

Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
What's a VCR?
A Visual Cueing Resonator.
actually a obsolete device, like a buggy whip
note a DVR is now affordable, easier to use, and far more convenient.
you cant start watching a program recording on a VCR till its finished
recording.......
with a DVR that easy and just one advantage, no tapes to mess with.
Yabut you can not save the recording in the box with other old tapes:-((

Sure you can. �Just hit 'record' on your VCR while playing back on
your DVR. � g

Jim- Hide quoted text -

or DVR the show, watch later and skip thru the commercials while
recording to a disc which takes up very littl;e storage space

A couple of points- other than for geeks with PC-based setups, or a few
people with old gen-I TIVOs, DVR = monthly cost for subscription to
signal (and usually rental of hardware). Does anybody even SELL a box
with OTA tuner, hard drive, and DVD burner any more? I haven't seen one
in several years. Even hard to find a box with OTA tuner and DVD burner,
at least in retail stores. The entire industry assumes everyone is on
cable or satt service, and uses the vendor's damn box as the signal
source. ****es me off a little.

Second point- VCRs were pushing the geek skill set for many people (one
reason DVRs became so popular so fast.) Any multi-box recording setup
that requires practice to set up and use, ain't gonna happen. Almost
like for stereo geeks in the late fifties to early seventies. Act like
you are going to start flipping button on their techno wall, and watch
their head explode- it took them hours to get it set up 'just so'.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

bob haller wrote:
[...]

aem sends...- Hide quoted text -

Dishpal DVR doesnt burn discs but is a pretty full featured DVR for
OTA applications. the guide isnt a full week for all channels, its not
name based recording either.

but its a very easy to use standalone digital tv recorder and the hard
drive can be upgraded, records 2 channels at once

no subscription needed, by the box and the guide is free

i believe the problem is a simple one, those with satellite or cable
care much more about tv, and the proof is they spend money for it.

while those on regular antennas, havent been exposed to all the
glitzey features like DVRS that satellite and cable push because it
helps make their subscribers stickey and far less likely to
cancel...........