Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Shed roof question

On Sep 22, 8:58*pm, wrote:
Shed project question....building gable roof for 12 x 16 shed. have most of
the rafters up today, and was planning to put *1/2 inch osb sheathing
tomorrow...

I ordered metal roof parts tonight (most of which were not stocked) and it
will be about 10 days before I have them. *Should I install sheathing and
cover with felt? *I am sure we will have some rain over this time. *I do
have about 1/2 of T1-11 siding installed and stained and will put the rest
up tomorrow....Just not sure what to do with roof.....would 30lb felt
protect osb from rain?

The felt will easily protect the OSB .....if it doesn't blow off / get
ripped up by the wind.

How much rain are you taking about? Where are oyu located?
Roof pitch?

If you're not getting more than a 1" of rain & its not going to rain
for days (a quick hit followed by sunny weather) ......I might just
skip the felt to avoid the possible damage to the felt.

cheers
Bob

Shed roof question [email protected] Woodworking 51 October 31st 09 04:03 PM
Shed roof question Phisherman[_2_] Home Repair 2 September 24th 09 01:56 AM
Shed roof Dave UK diy 20 May 19th 08 12:39 AM
shed roof Moxie Home Repair 3 June 7th 07 07:17 PM
Shed roof felt blown off, timber roof wet, should I... Marshal Anderson UK diy 2 December 8th 06 10:09 AM