DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Problem finding Wall Sconce replacement locknut (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/287359-problem-finding-wall-sconce-replacement-locknut.html)

[email protected] September 16th 09 03:58 PM

Problem finding Wall Sconce replacement locknut

Greetings,

I need a new glass shade and locknut for a living room wall sconce.
I do not know the name brand but I have attached a photo of the
locknut.
Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one or what name brand this
may be?
If it is of help the fixture uses a g9 bulb and probably came from
Home Depot. (Which cannot provide any help in-store when presented
with the sample locknut and doesn't carry any fitting shades).

Thanks,

http://tinyurl.com/lyeqf2
http://tinyurl.com/m3hqoj

willshak September 16th 09 07:56 PM

on 9/16/2009 10:58 AM (ET) wrote the following:
Greetings,

I need a new glass shade and locknut for a living room wall sconce.
I do not know the name brand but I have attached a photo of the
locknut.
Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one or what name brand this
may be?
If it is of help the fixture uses a g9 bulb and probably came from
Home Depot. (Which cannot provide any help in-store when presented
with the sample locknut and doesn't carry any fitting shades).

Thanks,

http://tinyurl.com/lyeqf2
http://tinyurl.com/m3hqoj

Get new sconces. Those are from the 60s and are really out of style.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

JIMMIE September 16th 09 08:41 PM

Problem finding Wall Sconce replacement locknut

On Sep 16, 10:58*am, "
wrote:
Greetings,

I need a new glass shade and locknut for a living room wall sconce.
I do not know the name brand but I have attached a photo of the
locknut.
Does anyone have any ideas where I can get one or what name brand this
may be?
If it is of help the fixture uses a g9 bulb and probably came from
Home Depot. (Which cannot provide any help in-store when presented
with the sample locknut and doesn't carry any fitting shades).

Thanks,

http://tinyurl.com/lyeqf2http://tinyurl.com/m3hqoj

OMG, I remember those being in the doctor's office when I was a kid.
Fortunately this means they probably aren't made with metric hardware.
Parts should be findable at a local lamp shop and most hardware stores
carry the parts. You could also salvage something off an old lamp
picked up at Goodwill.

Jimmie