Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Annoying Septic Tank Riser

Evening Septic Experts!

It’s the perfect late summer evening, and I am sitting out on my deck
looking at my beautiful yard…all except the for the septic tank riser
that is sticking out 24 inches about the ground! It looks like a
fricking missile silo!

We just got done with a house remodel where we added a few rooms and
had to get the septic system / field enlarged. We had to move the
field and it was a tad above the elevation of the tanks, so they did a
L(ow) P(ressure) D(istrubution) system.

The septic tank riser is on the second tank that gets pumped out to
the field, and in addition to what is some PVC plumbing inside of the
riser running down into the tank, there is also a electrical box
mounted on the side of the riser.

So I can’t stand looking at the thing, and it’s smack dab in the
middle of my kids football field.

What are my options for reconfiguring (electrical? plumbing in the
riser?) so I can put this stuff below / in the ground?

Thanks,

Steve
Posted to alt.home.repair

Shaf wrote:
[...]

I had the same problem long ago. You can either go to a place that
sells risers, dig around yours and replace it with a lower one, or you
can dig then use a concrete saw blade (in a junk saw) and cut around
yours to the height you want. If you want grass to grow on it allow 6
inches of dirt on top. I had dug mine up all the way down to the tank
because the installer didn't seal it right and a heavy rain would leak
water into the tank. Get the sealer from the place that sells the
risers. Yellow pages, look under "concrete products". Just mount the
electrical stuff lower.
Posted to alt.home.repair

I have a similiar problem, albeit lower to the ground than yours. One is a
septic filter that has to be cleaned out once in a while. The other is the
septic tank riser. I am thinking either 1. the fake boulder thing, 2.fake
wishing well, with hinge mount on one side to lay it over and clean the
filter or 3. lighthouse (or you name it) with same hinge treatment. Either
of these would have to be built as light as possible for easy layover and of
course a lock pin on the opposite side to secure it. Just some thoughts I
have had. Good luck and let us know what you did.
Lyndell
BTW my two risers are within a foot on each other. Whatever I cover it with
must be oblong or oval or rectangle. One is 36" dia. the other about 24"
dia. Guess I could set an old truck topper over them ? :-)

"Shaf" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Shaf" wrote in message
[...]

Build a model of a battleship or Titanic. The stacks could
work as vents.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

Lyndell Thompson wrote:
I have a similiar problem, albeit lower to the ground than yours. One is a
septic filter that has to be cleaned out once in a while. The other is the
septic tank riser. I am thinking either 1. the fake boulder thing, 2.fake
wishing well, with hinge mount on one side to lay it over and clean the
filter or 3. lighthouse (or you name it) with same hinge treatment. Either
of these would have to be built as light as possible for easy layover and of
course a lock pin on the opposite side to secure it. Just some thoughts I
have had. Good luck and let us know what you did.

Go with the lighthouse and include a gas light that burns the methane!

Septic tank install - why $5K [email protected] Home Repair 28 February 19th 09 04:30 AM
Another septic tank riser issue C & E Home Repair 0 February 15th 09 04:48 PM
No Septic Tank? Steve B Home Repair 29 June 19th 07 09:09 PM
septic tank lid stuck Ether Jones Home Repair 6 April 11th 06 09:26 PM
Help - septic tank ( or not?) howardsend UK diy 23 March 16th 06 06:02 PM