Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Diamond disks

MY front entry has a white granite slab about 6 feet long and some one
area I guess a vein of differnt color causes a black like streak. I
thing I need a diamond disk for my drill. What would you suggest?
Other grits have no effect on it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"joevan" wrote in message
news
MY front entry has a white granite slab about 6 feet long and some one
area I guess a vein of differnt color causes a black like streak. I
thing I need a diamond disk for my drill. What would you suggest?
Other grits have no effect on it.

what are you trying to do? if you want to cut it out, yes, a cheap diamond
disk in a 4" side grinder will work or a 7" in your skilsaw. don't breath
the dust, it's really bad for your lungs and you're only issued 1 pair.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:59:09 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote in message
news
MY front entry has a white granite slab about 6 feet long and some one
area I guess a vein of differnt color causes a black like streak. I
thing I need a diamond disk for my drill. What would you suggest?
Other grits have no effect on it.

what are you trying to do? if you want to cut it out, yes, a cheap diamond
disk in a 4" side grinder will work or a 7" in your skilsaw. don't breath
the dust, it's really bad for your lungs and you're only issued 1 pair.

I don't want to cut it out, just smooth out the dark raised area. It
makes the step look dirty.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"joevan" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Sep 2009 11:59:09 -0700, "charlie"
wrote:

"joevan" wrote in message
news
MY front entry has a white granite slab about 6 feet long and some one
area I guess a vein of differnt color causes a black like streak. I
thing I need a diamond disk for my drill. What would you suggest?
Other grits have no effect on it.

what are you trying to do? if you want to cut it out, yes, a cheap diamond
disk in a 4" side grinder will work or a 7" in your skilsaw. don't breath
the dust, it's really bad for your lungs and you're only issued 1 pair.

I don't want to cut it out, just smooth out the dark raised area. It
makes the step look dirty.

you're not going to smooth it out with a normal tool. you need a stone
polisher, sorta like

http://www.toolocity.com/alpha-wet-stone-polisher.aspx

with a set of diamond pads for it. that will take it from a ground surface
down to a mirror shine, depending upon where you're going to stop.

note that if it's a dark vein, it could go to some depth into the stone. it
may not be on the surface only.

diamond cutting disks sm_jamieson UK diy 13 June 25th 09 11:17 PM
Sanding Disks cosmoman3 Woodturning 0 July 5th 06 03:35 PM
need source for 6" h&l disks [email protected] Woodworking 3 February 17th 05 04:04 PM
How to cut small cork disks Scott Cramer Woodworking 17 September 5th 03 02:34 PM