Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tile flooring in bathroom

What is the best under layment cushioning for tile. I have seen a coat
of such at a place I frequent. I have tile, but I want to put down a
soft under layer over the old wood and then be able to adhere the tile
to the layer that is decent.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 8/25/2009 4:33 PM joevan spake thus:

What is the best under layment cushioning for tile. I have seen a coat
of such at a place I frequent. I have tile, but I want to put down a
soft under layer over the old wood and then be able to adhere the tile
to the layer that is decent.

You don't want anything soft under tile; that's a recipe for broken tile
and cracked grout lines.

Usual stuff to put down over subflooring is concrete-fiberglass board
("Wonderboard" or equivalent). Very easy to work with, provides a hard,
level and stable surface that takes tile mortar well.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 25, 7:33*pm, joevan wrote:
What is the best under layment cushioning for tile. I have seen a coat
of such at a place I frequent. I have tile, but I want to put down a
soft under layer over the old wood and then be able to adhere the tile
to the layer that is decent.

What type of tile are you asking about?