DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Looking for a source for steel balls (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/284076-looking-source-steel-balls.html)

[email protected] August 8th 09 02:51 AM

Looking for a source for steel balls

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Nate Nagel August 8th 09 02:56 AM

wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

http://www.amazon.com/Chromium-Steel.../dp/B000FMWFME

that work?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Paul Franklin[_2_] August 8th 09 03:02 AM

Looking for a source for steel balls

On Fri, 7 Aug 2009 18:51:35 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Wouldn't it be easier to wear a cup? :-)

This place has plain steel or stainless, and many other materials too:

www.smallparts.com

HTH,

Paul F.

cjt August 8th 09 03:22 AM

wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Remember, it takes leather balls to play rugby.

Stormin Mormon August 8th 09 03:31 AM

Looking for a source for steel balls

If you don't get a source here, try on rec crafts
metalworking (also a usenet group). Some very fine people
there, who may help out. They would also maybe have some
steel balls among them. Hope you have a lot of fun, playing
with your 50 to 100 balls.

While I'm close to the subject. The old song "do your ears
hang low, do they wobble to and fro" was originally colonial
military song. It wasn't ears, it was musket balls.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Rick Samuel[_2_] August 8th 09 06:26 AM

Looking for a source for steel balls

Ya'll are falling down on the job....nobody said Superman G

[email protected] August 8th 09 06:32 AM

On Aug 7, 8:56�pm, Nate Nagel wrote:
wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. �They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. �Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

http://www.amazon.com/Chromium-Steel.../dp/B000FMWFME

that work?

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

Yes, thanks. I did a google search, and I kept getting 50 click
throughs and not finding what I needed. Why didn't I think of Amazon?

[email protected] August 8th 09 06:34 AM

Looking for a source for steel balls

wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. �They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. �Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Wouldn't it be easier to wear a cup? �:-)

This place has plain steel or stainless, and many other materials too:

www.smallparts.com

HTH,

Paul F.

Thanks! I should have learned from IronBalls McGinty...

[email protected] August 8th 09 06:36 AM

Looking for a source for steel balls

.

wrote in message

I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. �They don't
have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively
inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home
improvement. �Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Thanks, great suggestion. I will do that.

Interesting piece of history, by the way...

bob haller August 8th 09 12:36 PM

On Aug 7, 9:51�pm, " wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. �They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. �Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

local ball bearing supply company. call a few places shop around for
lowest price

HeyBub[_3_] August 8th 09 01:12 PM

wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

You can get about 1,000 half-inch [glass] marbles for $25 he

http://www.megaglass.com/c/marbles.h...FREnxwodLUktwg

You can scatter about 500 in an evil-doers yard so that anyone standing near
as he cuts his grass will be killed.

Doug Miller August 8th 09 01:19 PM

Looking for a source for steel balls

In article , buffalobill wrote:
On Aug 7, 9:51=A0pm, " wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. =A0They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. =A0Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

perhaps search for pachinko balls new or used on ebay and amazon.

Pachinko balls aren't anywhere near that large.

Tony[_19_] August 8th 09 09:13 PM

On Aug 7, 9:51=A0pm, " wrote:
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. =A0They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. =A0Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

perhaps search for pachinko balls new or used on ebay and amazon.

Pachinko balls aren't anywhere near that large.

No they aren't. I think I sold all my real pachinko balls (with
Japanese symbols on them), but I still have a stash of ball bearings the
same size.

Doug Brown August 9th 09 03:31 AM

wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Uhhh.... depending upon use (and country of origin) how about USMC, Royal
Dutch Commandos or JTF2?

The Daring Dufas[_7_] August 9th 09 05:36 AM

Doug Brown wrote:
wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Uhhh.... depending upon use (and country of origin) how about USMC, Royal
Dutch Commandos or JTF2?

You have no idea how much I resisted posting the same
sort of thing. Don't forget my Limey friends The SAS.
My parents, brother and great uncle were US Army.
Skinny brother was Green Beret. They weren't commandos.

TDD

Doug Brown August 15th 09 12:54 AM

"The Daring Dufas" wrote in message
Doug Brown wrote:
wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...

Uhhh.... depending upon use (and country of origin) how about USMC, Royal
Dutch Commandos or JTF2?

You have no idea how much I resisted posting the same
sort of thing. Don't forget my Limey friends The SAS.
My parents, brother and great uncle were US Army.
Skinny brother was Green Beret. They weren't commandos.

TDD

After I pressed "send" I realized that all these fine folks have more than
1/2" - 5/8" "anatomical features" and I'm grateful that no-one sent "buddy"
here to straighten me out :).

The Daring Dufas[_7_] August 15th 09 04:49 AM

Doug Brown wrote:
wrote in message
I need to get some 1/2" and 5/8" steel balls. They don't have to be
super high quality, but I do want them to be relatively inexpensive.
I need to get 50-100 of them.

It is for a game that uses them, not exactly home improvement. Well,
except for the joy of a game that finally works...
Uhhh.... depending upon use (and country of origin) how about USMC, Royal
Dutch Commandos or JTF2?

You have no idea how much I resisted posting the same
sort of thing. Don't forget my Limey friends The SAS.
My parents, brother and great uncle were US Army.
Skinny brother was Green Beret. They weren't commandos.

TDD

After I pressed "send" I realized that all these fine folks have more than
1/2" - 5/8" "anatomical features" and I'm grateful that no-one sent "buddy"
here to straighten me out :).

It's called "premature postification", *snicker*

TDD