Posted to alt.home.repair

Default another layer of poly

I refinished my pine kitchen floor with oil based poly and there were
a couple of places which I would like to smooth out. It has been a
couple of months so my plan is to sand the areas lightly, clean up
with mineral spirits, allow to dry thoroughly and then put down one
more coat.

See any problems?

BTW- I will never ever use water based poly for a kitchen floor ever
again. I used oil based in other areas of the house many years earlier
than the water (as it was not available) and they are still holding
up). So much for going green.

GA
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Aug 7, 4:15*pm, George Abbot wrote:
I refinished my pine kitchen floor with oil based poly and there were
a couple of places which I would like to smooth out. It has been a
couple of months so my plan is to sand the areas lightly, clean up
with mineral spirits, allow to dry thoroughly and then put down one
more coat.

See any problems?

BTW- I will never ever use water based poly for a kitchen floor ever
again. I used oil based in other areas of the house many years earlier
than the water (as it was not available) and they are still holding
up). So much for going green.

GA

You are doing the whole floor right , a patch will really stand out
and be noticed. Id use denatured alcohol to be sure all grease- oils
are removed. Dont use alcohol on water base finishes. Alcohol cuts
grease better than thinner. Kitchens are hard on floors a few extra
coats never hurts
Posted to alt.home.repair

ransley wrote:
[...]

Yes, whole floor. Would you use the alcohol before or after light sanding?

GA