Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Epoxy Concrete Paints

I have been looking at the various epoxy
paints for garage and basement
floors. I did some googling on the
subject and found everything from
super to terrible. I suspect the
terrible review were because the prep
work was not done or done poorly. Some
products are water based
and some are solvent based. Any
experience from the people here on
these products?
Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jul 26, 9:23*pm, Art Todesco wrote:
I have been looking at the various epoxy
paints for garage and basement
floors. *I did some googling on the
subject and found everything from
super to terrible. *I suspect the
terrible review were because the prep
work was not done or done poorly. *Some
products are water based
and some are solvent based. *Any
experience from the people here on
these products?
Thanks

I've used Sears water based recently for a 26' square garage.
Excellent result, concrete was well cured. It came with a cleaner and
sand additive . I tossed the sand and sprinkles. Some years earlier I
used a two part Glidden solvent base in a 3700 sqare foot commercial
building. That's when I found that the sand and other additives were
useless. On that job, muriatic acid was used because the concrete was
very new. The present commercial two part solvent types most like the
Glidden of that time are the ones offered by Sherwin Williams paint
stores. That will be my choice for the next project.
Bottom line, the solvent based are longer wearing and probably a bit
better adhesion on a well prepared concrete. Some of the garage floor
finishes I have seen lately will leave black marks on the finish where
new tires are allowed to sit for a few days.
HTH

Joe

Low VOC paints Doki UK diy 3 August 17th 06 09:09 PM
Looking for retailer in Toronto selling 2-part epoxy concrete floor paint Rob Home Repair 7 June 5th 05 08:55 PM
Does fresh epoxy stick to dried epoxy? Icepick Woodworking 14 April 23rd 05 04:06 AM
Epoxy injected Concrete Crack repair in basement Jay Stutzmann Home Repair 1 April 15th 05 03:24 AM
PJ Paints Angela UK diy 1 December 22nd 03 04:59 PM