Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need advice on fence inserts

We need privacy inserts on our fence near the pool.

It's a typical 4' high chainlink fence , with 1 1/4" spacing.

It seems exorbitant/expensive online, and neither Lowe's or the Depot seem
to carry it. Searching "fence" "inserts" or "slats" returns nothing.

I cannot understand why so many fence-supply websites can't simply specify
the width of the inserts!?

I suppose I could get some 2 1/2" wide pieces and slice them in two.

I'm hesitant to order anything from a website where someone could write (in
the product description):
"Since it is made of aluminum it do not rust very good for fences near the
shore since other metal rust quick..." :-/

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Kalarama" wrote in message
We need privacy inserts on our fence near the pool.

It's a typical 4' high chainlink fence , with 1 1/4" spacing.

It seems exorbitant/expensive online, and neither Lowe's or the Depot seem
to carry it. Searching "fence" "inserts" or "slats" returns nothing.

I cannot understand why so many fence-supply websites can't simply specify
the width of the inserts!?

I suppose I could get some 2 1/2" wide pieces and slice them in two.

I'm hesitant to order anything from a website where someone could write
(in the product description):
"Since it is made of aluminum it do not rust very good for fences near the
shore since other metal rust quick..." :-/

Nevermind.

I was adjusting one of my cheap plastic venetian blinds and, , , , , , ,
*DING*!

Those slats should work perfectly.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Kalarama wrote:
"Kalarama" wrote in message
We need privacy inserts on our fence near the pool.

It's a typical 4' high chainlink fence , with 1 1/4" spacing.

It seems exorbitant/expensive online, and neither Lowe's or the
Depot seem to carry it. Searching "fence" "inserts" or "slats"
returns nothing. I cannot understand why so many fence-supply websites can't
simply
specify the width of the inserts!?

I suppose I could get some 2 1/2" wide pieces and slice them in two.

I'm hesitant to order anything from a website where someone could
write (in the product description):
"Since it is made of aluminum it do not rust very good for fences
near the shore since other metal rust quick..." :-/

Nevermind.

I was adjusting one of my cheap plastic venetian blinds and, , , , ,
, , *DING*!

Those slats should work perfectly.

I was going to suggest that. Thrift shop or yard sale anyone? Or maybe a
"wanted" on freecycle.

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

Kalarama wrote:
"Kalarama" wrote in message
[...]

Yeah, sounds terrific. Welcome to the ghetto. Hope you don't get charged
with manslaughter when the neighbors hang themselves in a final fit of
misanthropy.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Smitty Two wrote:
In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

Kalarama wrote:
"Kalarama" wrote in message
[...]

Look on the bright side: it's far easier for the neighbors to remove the
slats in the dark of the moon than for the pool owner to gather more and
re-install them.

When the neighbors glimpse the dipees in their thongs and speedos, though,
the slats may magically re-appear.

Need fence-installing advice [email protected] Home Repair 11 October 27th 06 06:37 PM
More fence advice Ook Home Repair 8 August 30th 06 06:44 PM
Advice on fence [email protected] Home Repair 4 June 6th 06 02:14 AM
Are there blank inserts WITH HOLES for the modular inserts? miamicuse Home Repair 3 October 3rd 05 06:18 PM
Need advice on building fence. Tony Halmarack UK diy 6 April 24th 04 02:36 PM