Posted to alt.home.repair
Smitty Two Smitty Two is offline

Default Need advice on fence inserts

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:

Kalarama wrote:
"Kalarama" wrote in message
We need privacy inserts on our fence near the pool.

It's a typical 4' high chainlink fence , with 1 1/4" spacing.

It seems exorbitant/expensive online, and neither Lowe's or the
Depot seem to carry it. Searching "fence" "inserts" or "slats"
returns nothing. I cannot understand why so many fence-supply websites
can't
simply
specify the width of the inserts!?

I suppose I could get some 2 1/2" wide pieces and slice them in two.

I'm hesitant to order anything from a website where someone could
write (in the product description):
"Since it is made of aluminum it do not rust very good for fences
near the shore since other metal rust quick..." :-/

Nevermind.

I was adjusting one of my cheap plastic venetian blinds and, , , , ,
, , *DING*!

Those slats should work perfectly.

I was going to suggest that. Thrift shop or yard sale anyone? Or maybe a
"wanted" on freecycle.

Yeah, sounds terrific. Welcome to the ghetto. Hope you don't get charged
with manslaughter when the neighbors hang themselves in a final fit of
misanthropy.