DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Boxing large quantities of paint? (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/281588-boxing-large-quantities-paint.html)

Percival P. Cassidy July 2nd 09 08:47 PM

Boxing large quantities of paint?

I have three 5-gall pails of tinted paint. Any good suggestions how to
"box" this? Dump into a suitable-size garbage bin and mix? But then how
to get it back into the original pails or into some other
convenient-size containers?

Perce

Smitty Two July 2nd 09 09:14 PM

Boxing large quantities of paint?

In article ,
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

I have three 5-gall pails of tinted paint. Any good suggestions how to
"box" this? Dump into a suitable-size garbage bin and mix? But then how
to get it back into the original pails or into some other
convenient-size containers?

Perce

A single extra 5 gal. pail would do it. Just mix 1/3 from each, use,
repeat.

benick[_2_] July 3rd 09 04:51 AM

Boxing large quantities of paint?

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
In article ,
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

I have three 5-gall pails of tinted paint. Any good suggestions how to
"box" this? Dump into a suitable-size garbage bin and mix? But then how
to get it back into the original pails or into some other
convenient-size containers?

Perce

A single extra 5 gal. pail would do it. Just mix 1/3 from each, use,
repeat.

I agree...Just mix EACH individual bucket first or have them shaken at the
store..If you want to get really picky , you buy one of those 1 gallon
plastic buckets with measurements on it and measure it out into a CLEAN
bucket...

RicodJour July 3rd 09 05:11 AM

On Jul 2, 3:47*pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
I have three 5-gall pails of tinted paint. Any good suggestions how to
"box" this? Dump into a suitable-size garbage bin and mix? But then how
to get it back into the original pails or into some other
convenient-size containers?

With that much paint you have options on application as well as
preparation. Are you putting on two coats? If so put on the first
coat and box the remaining paint.