Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Boxing large quantities of paint?

I have three 5-gall pails of tinted paint. Any good suggestions how to
"box" this? Dump into a suitable-size garbage bin and mix? But then how
to get it back into the original pails or into some other
convenient-size containers?

Perce
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

I have three 5-gall pails of tinted paint. Any good suggestions how to
"box" this? Dump into a suitable-size garbage bin and mix? But then how
to get it back into the original pails or into some other
convenient-size containers?

Perce

A single extra 5 gal. pail would do it. Just mix 1/3 from each, use,
repeat.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:

I have three 5-gall pails of tinted paint. Any good suggestions how to
"box" this? Dump into a suitable-size garbage bin and mix? But then how
to get it back into the original pails or into some other
convenient-size containers?

Perce

A single extra 5 gal. pail would do it. Just mix 1/3 from each, use,
repeat.

I agree...Just mix EACH individual bucket first or have them shaken at the
store..If you want to get really picky , you buy one of those 1 gallon
plastic buckets with measurements on it and measure it out into a CLEAN
bucket...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jul 2, 3:47*pm, "Percival P. Cassidy" wrote:
I have three 5-gall pails of tinted paint. Any good suggestions how to
"box" this? Dump into a suitable-size garbage bin and mix? But then how
to get it back into the original pails or into some other
convenient-size containers?

With that much paint you have options on application as well as
preparation. Are you putting on two coats? If so put on the first
coat and box the remaining paint.