Posted to alt.home.repair

Default WD-40 Spill on Concrete: How do I clean it up?

Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea how to get
it off the drive way? Soad did not help. tx
Posted to alt.home.repair

lbbss wrote:

Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea how to get
it off the drive way? Soad did not help. tx

Get it off? You don't want to do that. It is *WD-40*, man!

On the driveway it will prevent snowfall, reduce dust, make your car
go faster on less gas, keep your wife looking 17, and prevent balding.

Sun & weather should make it disappear in a week or two, though, so
you may need to run over another can.

[Soap & water won't touch it because it is doing what it does best-
displacing water.] Kitty litter or a powdered degreaser *might*
soak it up a little faster.

Jim
[who is looking forward to another long WD-40 thread]
Posted to alt.home.repair

And the driveway surface is.....?????

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"lbbss" wrote in message
Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea
how to get
it off the drive way? Soad did not help. tx

Posted to alt.home.repair

on 6/24/2009 8:12 AM (ET) Stormin Mormon wrote the following:
And the driveway surface is.....?????

Read the subject line. :-P

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 24, 8:04*am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
lbbss wrote:
Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea how to get
it off the drive way? *Soad did not help. * tx

Get it off? * You don't want to do that. *It is *WD-40*, man!

On the driveway it will prevent snowfall, reduce dust, make your car
go faster on less gas, keep your wife looking 17, and prevent balding.

Sun & weather should make it disappear in a week or two, though, so
you may need to run over another can.

[Soap & water won't touch it because it is doing what it does best-
displacing water.] * * *Kitty litter or a powdered degreaser *might*
soak it up a little faster.

Jim
[who is looking forward to another long WD-40 thread]

Ground up drywall works great on these kinds of stains. Works best if
you grind it into the concrete. I do this by parking my front wheels
on the stain and turning the wheels back and forth.

Jimmie

Posted to alt.home.repair

Hipupchuck wrote in
:

lbbss wrote:
Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea how to get
it off the drive way? Soad did not help. tx

Dissolve it with gasoline then use a pressure sprayer.

DONT dump gasoline on the concrete,you'll wash it into the sewers,it gets
into the water table.

use kitty litter,absorb the WD-40. use TSP or it's substitute.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jun 24, 4:42*am, lbbss wrote:
Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea how to get
it off the drive way? *Soad did not help. * tx

Lacquer thinner....In the past Klean Strip had a product called DC-13
Driveway Cleaner but, as usual, given a product that actually worked,
the EPA (or whoever) decided to ban it
Posted to alt.home.repair

lbbss wrote:
Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea how to get
it off the drive way? Soad did not help. tx

Next time run over a can of liquidwrench or triflo; they are a more
appropriate driveway lubricant (WD-40 is NOT a driveway lubricant, as you
now realize).

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

I'll admit, that one totally went past me. I do apologize.
Sorry about that.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"willshak" wrote in message
m...
on 6/24/2009 8:12 AM (ET) Stormin Mormon wrote the
following:
And the driveway surface is.....?????

Read the subject line. :-P

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
In the original Orange County. Est. 1683

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jim Yanik wrote:
Hipupchuck wrote in
:

lbbss wrote:
Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea how to get
it off the drive way? Soad did not help. tx

Dissolve it with gasoline then use a pressure sprayer.

DONT dump gasoline on the concrete,you'll wash it into the sewers,it
gets into the water table.

No it won't. It will evaporate.

use kitty litter,absorb the WD-40. use TSP or it's substitute.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Concrete driveway.
Posted to alt.home.repair

lbbss wrote:
Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea how to get
it off the drive way? Soad did not help. tx

Cat litter, ground in with yer feet, and left to soak it up a day or
two. Worked well for me when neighbor spilled a quart of oil.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"lbbss" wrote in message
Its been a day since we ran over a can of WD-40, any idea how to get
it off the drive way? Soad did not help.

WD-40 is a great stain remover. Try it, you'll like it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dawn dish soap

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 10 Jun 2019 06:54:10 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Dawn dish soap

Cat litter

Posted to alt.home.repair

Power washer. My newest best tool. It is like a bad hobby using it. You will not stop until everything in reach is clean. Actually, nothing is clean once you start. It will be...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Thomas wrote

Power washer. My newest best tool. It is like a bad hobby
using it. You will not stop until everything in reach is clean.
Actually, nothing is clean once you start. It will be...

Didnt happen like that with me.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Dawn dish soap really is different. When I use it, all the little
wounds on my hands, that aren't totally healed, sting. No other dish
soap or any other soap did this to me.

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 10 Jun 2019 12:50:46 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Power washer. My newest best tool. It is like a bad hobby using it. You will not stop until everything in reach is clean. Actually, nothing is clean once you start. It will be...

Be careful with a powerwasher. It can do a lot of damage, ripping off
more than you want off. Start low and work up, iiuc.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 11 Jun 2019 07:19:52 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Power washer. My newest best tool. It is like a bad hobby
using it. You will not stop until everything in reach is clean.
Actually, nothing is clean once you start. It will be...

Didnąt happen like that with me.

You mean it didn't cope with your filth, filthy senile troll?

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to alt.home.repair

Micky, he is doing concrete, not your panties. Stop being a **** and burn a pipe. Or solder a joint. Wow, can we just use a blotter to fix it? Lol x2

Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Mon, 10 Jun 2019 15:37:33 -0700 (PDT), Thomas
wrote:

Micky, he is doing concrete, not your panties. Stop being a **** and burn a pipe. Or solder a joint. Wow, can we just use a blotter to fix it? Lol x2

You disgusting moron. You said "You will not stop until everything in
reach is clean." which was meant to or at least going to encourage some
people to do far more than the concrete. YOU should have been the one
to warn him how powerful the power washers are, how much damage they can
do, and I could have pointed out how stupid and thoughtless you were
after your first post. But now it's crystal clear.

Kerplunk