DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   The outlet wall (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/280518-outlet-wall.html)

HeyBub[_3_] June 17th 09 09:42 PM

The outlet wall

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems generated by
the concept.

1D10T[_2_] June 18th 09 12:16 AM

The outlet wall

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

I needed that wall when I built this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearno...02411/sizes/o/

David Nebenzahl June 18th 09 02:13 AM

The outlet wall

On 6/17/2009 1:42 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems generated by
the concept.

OK, (at least) 3 possibilities:

1. The whole thing was Photoshopped. (Not my idea, but from one of the
comments on that page.)

2. Only some outlets are actually wired. So how do you know which ones?
(A simple diagram might be enough.)

3. All outlets are wired. (I doubt this.)

Probably all except the wired outlets are just outlets & covers glued
onto/into the wall.

Kewl idea, though. Who cares about the NEC?

Red Green June 18th 09 03:39 AM

The outlet wall

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems
generated by the concept.

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.

The Daring Dufas[_7_] June 18th 09 04:23 AM

The outlet wall

Red Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems
generated by the concept.

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.

Have you ever tried to sneeze, hiccup, belch, fart
and yawn at the same time while urinating?

TDD

HeyBub[_3_] June 18th 09 01:04 PM

The outlet wall

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Red Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems
generated by the concept.

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.

Have you ever tried to sneeze, hiccup, belch, fart
and yawn at the same time while urinating?

Which can be easily accomplished by proper, though not recommended, use of
the "Outlet Wall."

Winston June 19th 09 09:03 AM

The outlet wall

HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Red Green wrote:

(...)

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.

Have you ever tried to sneeze, hiccup, belch, fart
and yawn at the same time while urinating?

Which can be easily accomplished by proper, though not recommended, use of
the "Outlet Wall."

Best comeback to a non-sequitur.

One Attaboy plus Honorable Mention for bringing
a hopelessly lost thread back on topic, sort of.

--Winston

The Daring Dufas[_7_] June 20th 09 07:45 AM

The outlet wall

Winston wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Red Green wrote:

(...)

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.
Have you ever tried to sneeze, hiccup, belch, fart
and yawn at the same time while urinating?

Which can be easily accomplished by proper, though not recommended,
use of the "Outlet Wall."

Best comeback to a non-sequitur.

One Attaboy plus Honorable Mention for bringing
a hopelessly lost thread back on topic, sort of.

--Winston

Well, the guy did wonder what kind of reaction a
home inspector would have. A body freeze would
probably occur.

TDD

willshak June 21st 09 02:55 PM

The outlet wall

4. http://www.decoflage.com/

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

David Nebenzahl June 21st 09 08:45 PM

The outlet wall

On 6/21/2009 6:55 AM willshak spake thus:

on 6/17/2009 9:13 PM (ET) David Nebenzahl wrote the following:

On 6/17/2009 1:42 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

OK, (at least) 3 possibilities:

1. The whole thing was Photoshopped. (Not my idea, but from one of the
comments on that page.)

2. Only some outlets are actually wired. So how do you know which
ones? (A simple diagram might be enough.)

3. All outlets are wired. (I doubt this.)

4. http://www.decoflage.com/

Bingo! We have a winner. That *has* to be what was used for (most of)
the outlets.

HeyBub[_3_] June 22nd 09 12:19 AM

The outlet wall

willshak wrote:
4. http://www.decoflage.com/

Well, damn!

I thought we had a real weirdo here. As it turns out, we have only a
proto-weirdo.