Posted to alt.home.repair

Default The outlet wall

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems generated by
the concept.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

I needed that wall when I built this:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joearno...02411/sizes/o/

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/17/2009 1:42 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems generated by
the concept.

OK, (at least) 3 possibilities:

1. The whole thing was Photoshopped. (Not my idea, but from one of the
comments on that page.)

2. Only some outlets are actually wired. So how do you know which ones?
(A simple diagram might be enough.)

3. All outlets are wired. (I doubt this.)

Probably all except the wired outlets are just outlets & covers glued
onto/into the wall.

Kewl idea, though. Who cares about the NEC?

Posted to alt.home.repair

"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems
generated by the concept.

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Red Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems
generated by the concept.

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.

Have you ever tried to sneeze, hiccup, belch, fart
and yawn at the same time while urinating?

TDD

Posted to alt.home.repair

The Daring Dufas wrote:
Red Green wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in
m:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

Solves one problem.

The commentors are pretty clever about addressing the problems
generated by the concept.

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.

Have you ever tried to sneeze, hiccup, belch, fart
and yawn at the same time while urinating?

Which can be easily accomplished by proper, though not recommended, use of
the "Outlet Wall."

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Red Green wrote:

(...)

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.

Have you ever tried to sneeze, hiccup, belch, fart
and yawn at the same time while urinating?

Which can be easily accomplished by proper, though not recommended, use of
the "Outlet Wall."

Best comeback to a non-sequitur.

One Attaboy plus Honorable Mention for bringing
a hopelessly lost thread back on topic, sort of.

--Winston
Posted to alt.home.repair

Winston wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
Red Green wrote:

(...)

Like to see a home inspectors reaction to that.
Have you ever tried to sneeze, hiccup, belch, fart
and yawn at the same time while urinating?

Which can be easily accomplished by proper, though not recommended,
use of the "Outlet Wall."

Best comeback to a non-sequitur.

One Attaboy plus Honorable Mention for bringing
a hopelessly lost thread back on topic, sort of.

--Winston

Well, the guy did wonder what kind of reaction a
home inspector would have. A body freeze would
probably occur.

TDD
Posted to alt.home.repair

4. http://www.decoflage.com/

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6/21/2009 6:55 AM willshak spake thus:

on 6/17/2009 9:13 PM (ET) David Nebenzahl wrote the following:

On 6/17/2009 1:42 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Exactly what it says: a wall made completely of electrical outlets.

With pic
http://www.ironicsans.com/2009/06/id...tlet_wall.html

OK, (at least) 3 possibilities:

1. The whole thing was Photoshopped. (Not my idea, but from one of the
comments on that page.)

2. Only some outlets are actually wired. So how do you know which
ones? (A simple diagram might be enough.)

3. All outlets are wired. (I doubt this.)

4. http://www.decoflage.com/

Bingo! We have a winner. That *has* to be what was used for (most of)
the outlets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

willshak wrote:
4. http://www.decoflage.com/

Well, damn!

I thought we had a real weirdo here. As it turns out, we have only a
proto-weirdo.

Replacing a wall switch that supplies power to a wall outlet Steve[_25_] Home Repair 22 August 5th 08 12:16 AM
outlet on external wall car crash Home Repair 6 July 10th 07 07:07 PM
How do I put in cable outlet box in the wall? [email protected] Home Repair 6 September 3rd 05 07:36 PM
Removing Wall outlet kato Home Repair 15 August 1st 05 09:42 PM
Installing wall tile... Move electrical outlet level to new wall? Al Kondo Home Repair 3 February 17th 05 03:51 PM