DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   power washers (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/280173-power-washers.html)

cj June 12th 09 03:07 AM

power washers

we need to power wash a dock but there is not a water supply except for
the lake. what type of power washer can 'power wash' without being
supplied with pressurized water(not sucking water out of the lake).
cj

Pete C. June 12th 09 04:21 AM

power washers

cj wrote:

we need to power wash a dock but there is not a water supply except for
the lake. what type of power washer can 'power wash' without being
supplied with pressurized water(not sucking water out of the lake).
cj

I don't think there are any readily available units that have an onboard
"charge pump". You will need a separate water pump to provide water to
the pressure washer high pressure pump. I've done this myself with a 1/3
hp electric water pump running from a generator and feeding water to a
gas powered pressure washer. Pressure washers are not high flow units,
typically ~3-5gpm, so you don't need a huge pump to feed it. A small 1"
gas powered pump will do, or a 1/3-1/2hp electric submersible utility
pump.

SAm E June 12th 09 04:53 PM

power washers

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:07:54 -0400, cj wrote:

we need to power wash a dock but there is not a water supply except for
the lake. what type of power washer can 'power wash' without being
supplied with pressurized water(not sucking water out of the lake).
cj

Since you've eliminated everything else, I guess you want one that
uses bottled water.

Joe June 12th 09 07:41 PM

power washers

On Jun 11, 9:07*pm, cj wrote:
we need to power wash a dock

snip

Can you do it without contaminating the lake water? Best check local
regulations to be sure.

Joe