Posted to alt.home.repair
cj cj is offline

Default power washers

we need to power wash a dock but there is not a water supply except for
the lake. what type of power washer can 'power wash' without being
supplied with pressurized water(not sucking water out of the lake).
cj
Posted to alt.home.repair

cj wrote:

we need to power wash a dock but there is not a water supply except for
the lake. what type of power washer can 'power wash' without being
supplied with pressurized water(not sucking water out of the lake).
cj

I don't think there are any readily available units that have an onboard
"charge pump". You will need a separate water pump to provide water to
the pressure washer high pressure pump. I've done this myself with a 1/3
hp electric water pump running from a generator and feeding water to a
gas powered pressure washer. Pressure washers are not high flow units,
typically ~3-5gpm, so you don't need a huge pump to feed it. A small 1"
gas powered pump will do, or a 1/3-1/2hp electric submersible utility
pump.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:07:54 -0400, cj wrote:

we need to power wash a dock but there is not a water supply except for
the lake. what type of power washer can 'power wash' without being
supplied with pressurized water(not sucking water out of the lake).
cj

Since you've eliminated everything else, I guess you want one that
uses bottled water.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jun 11, 9:07*pm, cj wrote:
we need to power wash a dock

snip

Can you do it without contaminating the lake water? Best check local
regulations to be sure.

Joe