Posted to alt.home.repair

Default AT&T Usenet Netnews Service Shutting Down

"FreeTheBirthCert" wrote:
Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to continue
reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through third-party
vendors.

cite?

Comcast pulled their usenet (via giganews) feed last year, aohell did it a
few years ago, same with time/warner and the others.

I wish they would at least maintain some access to text groups, that
wouldn't take much outlay.

Jon

Posted to alt.home.repair

Jon Danniken wrote:
"FreeTheBirthCert" wrote:
Please note that on or around July 15, 2009, AT&T will no longer be
offering access to the Usenet Netnews service. If you wish to
continue reading Usenet newsgroups, access is available through
third-party vendors.

cite?

Comcast pulled their usenet (via giganews) feed last year, aohell did
it a few years ago, same with time/warner and the others.

I wish they would at least maintain some access to text groups, that
wouldn't take much outlay.

There you are. We have Comcast cable but our ISP is Earthlink. Earthlink
contracts out newsgroup access to Giganews.

If you have Comcast as you ISP, switch to Earthlink.

Posted to alt.home.repair

http://www.teranews.com

http://www.motzarella.org