Posted to alt.home.repair

Default New hazard from gas-powered string trimmers?

Just bought a Stihl gas-powered string trimmer. It came with a set of safety
goggles in a sealed plastic bag whose label contained the words "99%
Protection From U.V."

Now I'm worried. Ultraviolet radiation from a string trimmer? What's my
lawnmower been exposing me to? Gamma rays? Isn't anything safe any more?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sat, 16 May 2009 18:32:59 -0400, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

Just bought a Stihl gas-powered string trimmer. It came with a set of safety
goggles in a sealed plastic bag whose label contained the words "99%
Protection From U.V."

Now I'm worried. Ultraviolet radiation from a string trimmer? What's my
lawnmower been exposing me to? Gamma rays? Isn't anything safe any more?

"Do not use if you cannot see clearly to read the information in the
information booklet."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On May 16, 6:32*pm, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:
Just bought a Stihl gas-powered string trimmer. It came with a set of safety
goggles in a sealed plastic bag whose label contained the words "99%
Protection From U.V."

Now I'm worried. Ultraviolet radiation from a string trimmer? What's my
lawnmower been exposing me to? Gamma rays? Isn't anything safe any more?

Ultraviolet radiation? I think you are jumping to conclusions.

U.V. stands for Ugly Vines. It's well known in the landscaping world
that Ugly Vines can be pretty nasty when cut with a string trimmer.

Wear the goggles, my friend, if not for yourself, then for your family.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
Just bought a Stihl gas-powered string trimmer. It came with a set of
safety
goggles in a sealed plastic bag whose label contained the words "99%
Protection From U.V."

Now I'm worried. Ultraviolet radiation from a string trimmer? What's my
lawnmower been exposing me to? Gamma rays? Isn't anything safe any more?

Ultraviolet radiation? I think you are jumping to conclusions.

U.V. stands for Ugly Vines. It's well known in the landscaping world
that Ugly Vines can be pretty nasty when cut with a string trimmer.

Wear the goggles, my friend, if not for yourself, then for your family.

==============

I already discovered that after having my eyeglasses spattered with green
slime. Expensive glasses means goggles on.

Posted to alt.home.repair

U.V. is German abbrev. for string trimmer, maybe?

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in
message news Just bought a Stihl gas-powered string trimmer. It came with
a set of safety
goggles in a sealed plastic bag whose label contained the
words "99%
Protection From U.V."

Now I'm worried. Ultraviolet radiation from a string
trimmer? What's my
lawnmower been exposing me to? Gamma rays? Isn't anything
safe any more?

Posted to alt.home.repair

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
Just bought a Stihl gas-powered string trimmer. It came with a set of safety
goggles in a sealed plastic bag whose label contained the words "99%
Protection From U.V."

Now I'm worried. Ultraviolet radiation from a string trimmer? What's my
lawnmower been exposing me to? Gamma rays? Isn't anything safe any more?

Unmanned Vehicles. If my neighbor's robotic riding mower runs over me
while he's watching ESPN, my goggles will provide 99% protection.