Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lawn Chair Repairs

I hope someone on this excellent group can help me with this
question.

We have some lawn/deck chairs which have the rubbery slats that are
strectched onto the frame and support the cushions. Many of these have
deteriorated and need to be replaced. Do they sell repair kits for
these things anywhere or is there a company that does repairs? I'd
hate to junk the chairs, which are otherwise in great shape, just
because of this problem.

ps. I'm in the Greater Toronto Area.

Thanks for all replies.

Peter H
Posted to alt.home.repair

Peter H wrote:
I hope someone on this excellent group can help me with this
question.

We have some lawn/deck chairs which have the rubbery slats that are
strectched onto the frame and support the cushions. Many of these have
deteriorated and need to be replaced. Do they sell repair kits for
these things anywhere or is there a company that does repairs? I'd
hate to junk the chairs, which are otherwise in great shape, just
because of this problem.

ps. I'm in the Greater Toronto Area.

Thanks for all replies.

Peter H

I've seen them. I would guess you'd have to ask the manufacturer of the
chair. Ones I saw had to be soaked in a bucket of very hot water for
stretching on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Peter H" wrote in message
I hope someone on this excellent group can help me with this
question.

We have some lawn/deck chairs which have the rubbery slats that are
strectched onto the frame and support the cushions. Many of these have
deteriorated and need to be replaced. Do they sell repair kits for
these things anywhere or is there a company that does repairs? I'd
hate to junk the chairs, which are otherwise in great shape, just
because of this problem.

ps. I'm in the Greater Toronto Area.

Thanks for all replies.

Peter H

I've bought from these guys. The material may be available at your local
home store also. You can buy in bulk or you can buy pre-cut slats. They
have to be heated to stretch over the frame. Not a big deal to do.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Peter H" wrote in message
I hope someone on this excellent group can help me with this
question.

We have some lawn/deck chairs which have the rubbery slats that are
strectched onto the frame and support the cushions. Many of these have
deteriorated and need to be replaced. Do they sell repair kits for
these things anywhere or is there a company that does repairs? I'd
hate to junk the chairs, which are otherwise in great shape, just
because of this problem.

ps. I'm in the Greater Toronto Area.

Thanks for all replies.

Peter H

I've bought from these guys. The material may be available at your local
home store also. You can buy in bulk or you can buy pre-cut slats. They
have to be heated to stretch over the frame. Not a big deal to do.

Every hardware store used to carry rewebbing kits, either the flat 'seat
belt' style or the tubing. But the ultra-cheap cast resin chairs sold
for the last 10-15 years have made low-end multi-piece chairs almost a
thing of the past. Selection jumps right from the $10 plastic, to the
$50 cast metal frame things.

--
aem sends...
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Peter H" wrote in message

We have some lawn/deck chairs which have the rubbery slats that are
strectched onto the frame and support the cushions. Many of these have
deteriorated and need to be replaced. Do they sell repair kits for
these things anywhere or is there a company that does repairs?
. . .
ps. I'm in the Greater Toronto Area.

I don't know about Toronto
but in Ottawa the local organization for people with
mental handicaps used to maintain an excellent
sheltered workshop for exactly this type of repair.
I do not know what sort of PC name such institutions
nowadays use, but Google may help.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Posted to alt.home.repair

Peter H ha scritto:
I hope someone on this excellent group can help me with this
question.

We have some lawn/deck chairs which have the rubbery slats that are
strectched onto the frame and support the cushions. Many of these have
deteriorated and need to be replaced. Do they sell repair kits for
these things anywhere or is there a company that does repairs? I'd
hate to junk the chairs, which are otherwise in great shape, just
because of this problem.

ps. I'm in the Greater Toronto Area.

Thanks for all replies.

Peter H

Hello Peter, I was just searching the net to see if I could find some info on where to get the exact same material as I am having the same issues with my chairs. The patio set is very nice and in excellent shape so I certainly don't want to replace it. Have you had any luck locating the material to make these repairs? If you have please provide me with the details. I am looking for the rubbery slats in charcoal grey.

Thanks,
Susan

--
Send from http://www.nonsolonews.net

LAWN CHAIR - PDF J T Woodworking 0 September 21st 06 08:51 AM
LAWN/PATIO CHAIR J T Woodworking 0 September 21st 06 07:33 AM
Looking for Locking Ratchet Hinge (like a lawn chair) [email protected] Woodworking 0 July 31st 06 05:07 PM
Keeping birds off lawn-chair backs Jim Beaver Home Repair 4 July 29th 06 10:14 PM
Lloyd loom chair repairs Roly UK diy 1 January 27th 06 12:31 AM