Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need fuel line for chain saw.

On Apr 26, 1:22*pm, Joe wrote:
On Apr 26, 1:14*pm, " wrote:

I have a small chain saw that won't start. *It is a Poulan model 2075
and the fuel line has deteriorated to the point that the filter fell
off inside the gas tank.

My assumption is that flakes from the deteriorating line have got into
the carb and this is what is stopping it from cranking.

When I look at the online, .pdf manual they don't seem to list fuel
lines as an item that I can purchase from Poulan so, what I'm
wondering is, where would this type of fuel line be available?

It is some kind of plastic and measures about 3.5mm ( .136" ) on the
outside diameter.

Your help will be appreciated.

Measure the ID of the line or the OD of the spigot that it goes on and
go to NAPA, O'Reilly's, Autozone, any good auto parts place and buy a
foot of what you need. (The OD may be swelled up enough to be a poor
measure of the right size.) Or, if you're on good terms with the folks
that service your car, they may even give you a freebie from the stock
that they keep for fixing the myriad emission hoses and lines on cars.
Good luck.

Joe

Thanks, you guys are the best here.

We have a new O'Reilly's in our town and they had the line for $1.00/
foot.

Great deal.

Lewis.

*****