Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Karcher Pressure Washer question?

I have one and use it regularly. However, it no longer will syphon in
any liquid through the dip hose. I've cleaned and tested the intake
filter so it flows easily and the tube is clear.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to repair this condition? If I
disassembled the unit to gain access to where the intake hose connects
to the pump, is there anything that I can do at that point?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Posted to alt.home.repair

franpotter had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...on-368840-.htm
:
I am having the same problem with the soap not working. Have tried all the
recommended troubleshooting (cleaning filter, etc.) with no success.
There does not appear to be anything moving in the tube between the large
yellow "tank" and the detergent container. Will be interested to know if
dissasembling the unit would work.

-------------------------------------
wrote:

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:42:44 -0400,
wrote:

I have one and use it regularly. However, it no longer will syphon
in
any liquid through the dip hose. I've cleaned and tested the
intake
filter so it flows easily and the tube is clear.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to repair this condition? If I
disassembled the unit to gain access to where the intake hose
connects
to the pump, is there anything that I can do at that point?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

The pressure washer creates the vacuum by the venturi effect.
Basically a small orifice is placed in the path of flow to increase
the speed of the fluid within the orifice. A small soap inlet line is
then connected to the high speed fluid. This connection creates the
vacuum.

The small size of this soap connection may be plugged with debris.
Try to force a cleaning agent into the soap inlet or blow air into it.

Delivered via
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/
Posted to alt.home.repair

On 19 Apr 2009 20:38:47 GMT,
(franpotter) wrote:

franpotter had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...on-368840-.htm
:
I am having the same problem with the soap not working. Have tried all the
recommended troubleshooting (cleaning filter, etc.) with no success.
There does not appear to be anything moving in the tube between the large
yellow "tank" and the detergent container. Will be interested to know if
dissasembling the unit would work.

I have no specific knowledge on your power washer but if forcing air
through the line does not clear the passage then the passage may
have a stubborn soap plug. Soap can dry and plug the small passage
to the venturi. Try to force or let stand a soap dissolving chemical
like Tilex soap scum remover into this line.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 17, 8:42*pm, wrote:
I have one and use it regularly. *However, it no longer will syphon in
any liquid through the dip hose. *I've cleaned and tested the intake
filter so it flows easily and the tube is clear.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to repair this condition? *If I
disassembled the unit to gain access to where the intake hose connects
to the pump, is there anything that I can do at that point?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

plugged up, run a wire inside to unplug it.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 18, 8:25*am, ransley wrote:
On Apr 17, 8:42*pm, wrote:

I have one and use it regularly. *However, it no longer will syphon in
any liquid through the dip hose. *I've cleaned and tested the intake
filter so it flows easily and the tube is clear.

Can anyone advise if it is possible to repair this condition? *If I
disassembled the unit to gain access to where the intake hose connects
to the pump, is there anything that I can do at that point?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

*plugged up, run a wire inside to unplug it.

Also, don't know how they all work, but mine will only suck up the
liquid when the nozzle is set to wide open flow, lowest pressure.
Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to bobm3, Mr.T wrote:
I had the same issue. Total disassembly was needed to access the Venturi. Soap
had hardened inside it. When cleaning out the brass fitting leading to it
there was a small bearing with a spring behind. Be careful not to lose as I
almost did. The hardened soap was difficult to get out, but using a paper clip
should work. I also blew out the blockage with a can of air duster. I just
hope that I put the bearing and spring back into the fitting in the correct
order.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...on-368831-.htm