Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Harbor Freight Floor Nailer?

wrote:
Hi!

I'm going to be installing a 3/4" hickory solid hardwood floor over
the next couple of days. The room isn't huge; probably about 10x11.

My question, should I attempt to rent the stapler from Home Depot, buy
the one from HD for ~500 bucks, or get a cheap one from Harbor Freight
for 99 bucks. The one from HF can be found here...

It's model number 99640-9VGA. I couldn't really find anything about
it on the web, and I'm a little leery about the quality of it, like
everything else from HF.

The other question, about how much is it to rent a floor stapler from
HD?

Have you thought of calling them and asking?

BTW, I'd use cleats, not staples.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 9, 10:53*am, "dadiOH" wrote:
wrote:
Hi!

I'm going to be installing a 3/4" hickory solid hardwood floor over
the next couple of days. *The room isn't huge; probably about 10x11.

My question, should I attempt to rent the stapler from Home Depot, buy
the one from HD for ~500 bucks, or get a cheap one from Harbor Freight
for 99 bucks. *The one from HF can be found here...

It's model number 99640-9VGA. *I couldn't really find anything about
it on the web, and I'm a little leery about the quality of it, like
everything else from HF.

The other question, about how much is it to rent a floor stapler from
HD?

Have you thought of calling them and asking?

BTW, I'd use cleats, not staples.

--

dadiOH
____________________________

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico- Hide quoted text -

Why not rent a first-class stapler at your local rent-all?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Why not rent a first-class stapler at your local rent-all?

I second the motion. You can buy the crappy one for about the same
price as renting a good one, but unless you intend to lay a lot of
floors, owning the device makes no sense.

Check the installation instructions for your flooring. They may not
cover the warranty if you use staples. I can assure you that staples
will loosen up faster than nails.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement

harbor freight roofing nailer:review yourname Home Repair 16 October 24th 15 08:15 AM
Harbor Freight Floor Nailer? HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 1 April 9th 09 03:22 PM
Off to Harbor Freight [email protected] Woodworking 19 April 4th 09 10:17 PM
Harbor Freight tmurf.1 Home Repair 30 May 26th 06 07:31 PM
Harbor Freight does it again... Pete C. Metalworking 58 January 11th 06 04:36 AM