Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Home Inspectors' Nightmares - A few More

http://realestate.aol.com/photo-gall...00crssextl0007
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 2, 11:24*am, Red Green wrote:
http://realestate.aol.com/photo-gall...ction-nightmar...

By far the best one IMO is the shower with the dual outside flood
lights with motion sensor!
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote in message
On Apr 2, 11:24 am, Red Green wrote:
http://realestate.aol.com/photo-gall...ction-nightmar...

By far the best one IMO is the shower with the dual outside flood
lights with motion sensor!

*Maybe they had a problem with intruders coming in through the shower head.
LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Tiny URL, no charge.
http://tinyurl.com/d7dult

What -- all looked fine to me! Well, except #13. lol

Twayne

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 6 Apr, 14:52, "Twayne" wrote:
Stormin Mormon wrote:
Tiny URL, no charge.
* *http://tinyurl.com/d7dult

What -- all looked fine to me! *Well, except #13. lol

Twayne

Want to see some shoddy work?
Come to lancaster, pa

--------

I live in Lancaster, Pa and here they just dont care...permits naaaah

license not required nor enforced for some it seems

Only for city jobs and those unfortunate enough to be "targeted" by
the city

My neighbor has had an entire house remodeled and rewired ---no
junction boxes---old knob and tube taped in free air to romex poorly
attached, etc
No metal boxes nor polarity checked or kept intact--INCREDIBLE!

Wrong size wiring (14 with 20 amp breakers and loads) Shoddy work
Wires sticking aimlessly out of load center!

No one cares here as she (neighbor) at 311 w lemon st. hired some guy
she met at her bar she tends to do all work for cheap or free as he
needed a room to stay at

Thus, he can call himself a resident and hence does not even need to
pull a permit or the city at least doesnt care. He said he knows or is
related to the city/county sheriff so they let him be

The other year he was there and I smelled smoke when he was doing
work.

This year he is rewiring the place with nary a clue--ohhhh boy!

but nothing I can do but hope and pray my house doesnt go up as well
in case of a fire since we are attached properties!

City doesnt care--no permits pulled--no inspections done

EVER!
PS: you should see how he 'repaired' a roof support that had rotted
out on the one side--simply butted a piece on to where the bad section
was and toe nailed it in---only thing holding up the roof section is
the deck itself.....quite a pro
He DOES know how to drink and hoop it up at night though
======

There is a reason for laws in most cities concerning permits and
inspections and such! It saves lives and they know work is properly
performed safely! Not saying homeowners can't do it but my neighbor
just wants things done as cheaply as possible to sell the place

Who cares if work is done properly or not--she doesnt live there
anymore so she certainly doesnt care!

Feeling unsafe in Lancaster, PA

Rick
next door to fire hazard

Posted to alt.home.repair

clipped

Feeling unsafe in Lancaster, PA

Rick
next door to fire hazard

Building inspectors probably have some sort of license...in Florida, you
can file a complaint about any licensed person. The case you cite is
certainly good cause. The person who did it is just a fool, but the
next owner might be victim of the mess. Better yet, a letter to the AG
would be in order.