Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leather couch dying

I have a black leather couch that is a little distressed. The color
has faded/worn off over the years. Is there anything I can use to
recolor it that won't rub off on people's clothing?

Phil
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Apr 1, 2:42*pm, wrote:
I have a black leather couch that is a little distressed. *The color
has faded/worn off over the years. *Is there anything I can use to
recolor it that won't rub off on people's clothing?

Phil

I do mine once in a while, it doesn't last but it is painless to do
and doesn't seem to rub off on clothing, but it must go somewhere.
I bought a quart from a shop on Ebay, that will likely last the rest
of either my life or the couches.

I'm pretty sure this is the one I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/TANDY-LEATHER-ECO-FLO-BISON-BROWN-DYE-QUART_W0QQitemZ370150638167QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item370150638167&_trksid=p3286 .c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1| 240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50
Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

On Apr 1, 4:42*pm, wrote:
I have a black leather couch that is a little distressed. *The color
has faded/worn off over the years. *Is there anything I can use to
recolor it that won't rub off on people's clothing?

Phil

You may want to ask on an automotive group; there are products
available for exactly this purpose but intended for car seats.

That said, I *like* the look of distressed leather, although I
understand that that may not be the look you're going for.

nate