Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garage door curve

My garage door is 16 feet in length with a slight curve/bend in the middle.
The inside has the triangular metal supports which I'm sure stop it from
bending more than it is but I would like to straighten it out if possible.
Anyone have a suggestion what I can do to accomplish this task? I believe
the door panels are fiberglass, but not 100% sure.

Thanks

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 17, 8:43*pm, "SBH" wrote:
My garage door is 16 feet in length with a slight curve/bend in the middle.
The inside has the triangular metal supports which I'm sure stop it from
bending more than it is but I would like to straighten it out if possible..
Anyone have a suggestion what I can do to accomplish this task? I believe
the door panels are fiberglass, but not 100% sure.

Thanks

Have your wife pull the car into the driveway. That should straighten
out the door.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Limp Arbor wrote:
On Mar 17, 8:43 pm, "SBH" wrote:
My garage door is 16 feet in length with a slight curve/bend in the middle.
The inside has the triangular metal supports which I'm sure stop it from
bending more than it is but I would like to straighten it out if possible.
Anyone have a suggestion what I can do to accomplish this task? I believe
the door panels are fiberglass, but not 100% sure.

Thanks

Have your wife pull the car into the driveway. That should straighten
out the door.

Depends on direction of curve. May have been caused by wife!
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 20:43:07 -0400, "SBH"
wrote:

My garage door is 16 feet in length with a slight curve/bend in the middle.
The inside has the triangular metal supports which I'm sure stop it from
bending more than it is but I would like to straighten it out if possible.
Anyone have a suggestion what I can do to accomplish this task? I believe
the door panels are fiberglass, but not 100% sure.

Thanks

Mine has the triangular supports too. It has been sagging for 20
years (only when open), but it opens and seals just fine. I never
thought about straightening it out since it operates as it should.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

My garage door is 16 feet in length with a slight curve/bend in the
middle.
The inside has the triangular metal supports which I'm sure stop it from
bending more than it is but I would like to straighten it out if possible.
Anyone have a suggestion what I can do to accomplish this task? I believe
the door panels are fiberglass, but not 100% sure.

Thanks

Mine has the triangular supports too. It has been sagging for 20
years (only when open), but it opens and seals just fine. I never
thought about straightening it out since it operates as it should.

I agree, mine is also, but I am planning to put an aluminum bracket with a
half-moon type rubber seal on the bottom of the door and adhesive another
rubber threshold seal on the floor. When lining up the door for the floor
seal is when I noticed the curve. I was just trying to provide a straighter
line for the floor seal and for both seals to make good contact.

Thanks