Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Remove cast iron tub intact?

I know the sledgehammer routine for removing tubs is the standard
answer but I'd like to remove this one intact.

I've got the bathroom down to studs, I've got the bathtub off the
floor and face down on a 4-wheel dolly. The bathroom is exactly 5'
wide its entire length and there's just not enough room to swing the
tub so I can shove it through the door.

It seems like the answer - short of removing wall studs - is to put
the tub back down on the floor, bottom down, and then tip the tub to
vertical, followed by tipping it back down face forward onto the
dolly.

Or is there some other way of doing this?

TIA

Tom Young

PVC to cast iron Keith Home Repair 3 February 23rd 06 06:02 PM
Advice please on how to remove a Cast Iron Back Boiler Gary Home Repair 12 January 2nd 06 11:12 PM
Experience with Cast Iron wheels vs Cast Aluminum Brad Woodworking 3 July 19th 05 11:52 PM
Req'd: Cast Iron Soil Pipe bracket and Cast Iron>Plastic fittings John Borman UK diy 1 January 9th 05 09:05 PM
Wrought Iron, Cast Alum and Cast Iron Decorative welding Roy Metalworking 7 April 30th 04 08:52 AM