Posted to alt.home.repair

Default After faucet changed water tastes bad. Why?

Hi,

Recently I replaced my bathroom vanity and faucet. While I was doing
it I replaced some of the copper pipes. Now the water from the faucet
tastes bad. I've taken the aerator off and ran the water for a while
and it still tastes bad.

Any ideas?

Alex
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Mar 15, 10:26*am, alex wrote:
Hi,

Recently I replaced my bathroom vanity and faucet. While I was doing
it I replaced some of the copper pipes. Now the water from the faucet
tastes bad. I've taken the aerator off and ran the water for a while
and it still tastes bad.

Any ideas?

Alex

What did you replace the copper tubing with? Plastic tubing could be
the source. Or some other changes upstream might be contributing a
galvanic or electrolytic action. Then too, are you sure the water
supply hasn't changed? Wells and city reservoirs will not be
consistent with seasonal changes. Spring run off brings surface debris
of all sorts into the systems.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

I don't know if this applies. On new construction when the
drinking fountains finally get installed, we usually put a weight
on the button to keep them running for days to get the flux and
other residues rinsed out. The first few days taste horrible.

--
______________________________
Keep the whole world singing . . . .

"alex" wrote in message
Hi,

Recently I replaced my bathroom vanity and faucet. While I was
doing
it I replaced some of the copper pipes. Now the water from the
faucet
tastes bad. I've taken the aerator off and ran the water for a
while
and it still tastes bad.

Any ideas?

Alex

Posted to alt.home.repair

alex wrote:
Hi,

Recently I replaced my bathroom vanity and faucet. While I was doing
it I replaced some of the copper pipes. Now the water from the faucet
tastes bad. I've taken the aerator off and ran the water for a while
and it still tastes bad.

Does it taste like, uh, melamine?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 15 Mar 2009 08:26:54 -0700 (PDT), alex
wrote:

Hi,

Recently I replaced my bathroom vanity and faucet. While I was doing
it I replaced some of the copper pipes. Now the water from the faucet
tastes bad. I've taken the aerator off and ran the water for a while
and it still tastes bad.

Any ideas?

Alex

More time more water. It should eventually clear up.

Posted to alt.home.repair

alex wrote:
Hi,

Recently I replaced my bathroom vanity and faucet. While I was doing
it I replaced some of the copper pipes. Now the water from the faucet
tastes bad. I've taken the aerator off and ran the water for a while
and it still tastes bad.

Any ideas?

Alex

If you've used plastic, it's common for plastic plumbing to leech a lot
of tasty stuff when new, depending on that kind of plastic it is. (I
think the reason bottled water often has stuff like baking soda added is
to cover up the plastic taste.)