Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Our long national nightmare is over...

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in
:

"Too_Many_Tools" wrote in message

Bush is responsible for all the problems we now face...and the bills
that will need to be paid.

TMT

On the news tonight they were talking about how the entire world is in a
depression. Did Bush set economic policy for Europe and Asia too?

soon,the Lefties aren't going to be able to blame Bush for all that's going
wrong.
BTW,the Democrats were responsible for CRA,Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
They even BLOCKED attempts to correct them;Dems Dodd and Franks.

I really got a kick out of Obama receiving a pen holder crafted from the
timbers of HMS President,and in return giving the Brits a 25 DVD set of
classic movies,and they probably are US-Standard,not European Standard,so
Brown wil have to buy a US DVD player to watch them.
SO classy...President Urkel! And REALLY helping foreign relations,too.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

I really got a kick out of Obama receiving a pen holder crafted from the
timbers of HMS President,and in return giving the Brits a 25 DVD set of
classic movies,and they probably are US-Standard,not European Standard,so
Brown wil have to buy a US DVD player to watch them.
SO classy...President Urkel! And REALLY helping foreign relations,too.

But if you gotta do something like that, do it with the Brits. They
are the least likely to take offense and most likely to write it off to
Americans just being Americans. Personally I was hoping he'd give the
French a US-Standard Jerry Lewis collection, but that is just me.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
Jim Yanik wrote:

I really got a kick out of Obama receiving a pen holder crafted from the
timbers of HMS President,and in return giving the Brits a 25 DVD set of
classic movies,and they probably are US-Standard,not European Standard,so
Brown wil have to buy a US DVD player to watch them.
SO classy...President Urkel! And REALLY helping foreign relations,too.

But if you gotta do something like that, do it with the Brits. They
are the least likely to take offense and most likely to write it off to
Americans just being Americans. Personally I was hoping he'd give the
French a US-Standard Jerry Lewis collection, but that is just me.

at least he didn't give them a used bong and crack pipe.
Posted to alt.home.repair

And the power converter, from European electric to USA
power.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

I really got a kick out of Obama receiving a pen holder
crafted from the
timbers of HMS President,and in return giving the Brits a 25
DVD set of
classic movies,and they probably are US-Standard,not
European Standard,so
Brown wil have to buy a US DVD player to watch them.
SO classy...President Urkel! And REALLY helping foreign
relations,too.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 10:03*am, "RBM" wrote:
"Han" wrote in message

aemeijers wrote in
:

Of course, if you lost your home, it is difficult to have a landline.
*To some people it may look like extravagance, but in order to
communicate - perhaps with a prospective employer, police, or even
family - a cellphone might be the economical answer. *All this
pointed out by my wonderful spouse.

Sorry, don't buy it. Unless it is a pre-paid, they still want an
address to link to. And where would they be recharging it?

I'm sorry too, that you think this way. *Prepaid can be just fine, why
not?
And perhaps they were given a phone and someone else pays for its use,
perhaps to help the guy. *Who knows, maybe the guy in the photo was a
reporter ...

--
Best regards
Han

Actually, if you saw some of the other folks in this free food kitchen,
they're all better dressed than I am. I was kinda wondering if they're not
federal office workers just eating on the cheap. Regarding the cell phone,
apparently there are several government programs that give free cell phones
to certain people who qualify for food stamps. From what I've read, you
don't have to be particularly "poor" to get food stamps these days- Hide quoted text -

Yes, it is always a joy to be in line at the grocery store and watch
the number of people using food stamps for their food then pulling out
a big wad of cash for the cigarettes, beer, and wine. Oh, and don't
forget the Lottery Tickets.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 7, 1:43*pm, Frank wrote:
RBM wrote:
"George" wrote in message
RBM wrote:
"John Grabowski" wrote in message
"HeyBub" wrote in message
news:IJCdnWonb_ersizUnZ2dnUVZ_s3inZ2d@earthlin k.com...
"[NEW YORK] The agency that mails out coupons for digital TV converter
boxes expects to eliminate its wait list in two and a half weeks, an
official said Thursday."

The story:
http://tech.yahoo.com/news/ap/200903...er_box_coupons
*Nice to hear that the stimulus package is already trickling down to
benefit the unemployed. *Watching TV should keep everyone's mind off of
the economy.
I'd rather use work to distract myself, besides I'll need the income to
pay for my neighbors' homes, cars, TV's, cellphones, healthcare, dinner
and entertainment. That's just the bills congress passed this week, who
knows what I'll have to pay for next week.

Me too, living within my means and saving for retirement really worked
out. I am really glad I can help out people who bought a house they
couldn't afford or maybe speculated in real estate and lost or even those
poor folks who greedily scammed the system *with their banks or brokerages
and need our money to pay their $50 Million bonuses for the great work
they did.

The blue team is really doing a good job showing us how stupid we were..
The best comment I heard was from Dennis Miller. He mentioned that many of
us donate to various overseas charities where we get letters from
individuals telling us how they were able to go to school or make advances
in their life and they also included a picture. So Miller asked since
Obama and the rest of the blue team want half of the country to pay for
the other half will we get a picture of who we are supporting?

Here is one picture of the first lady serving "the homeless" in DC. I'm sure
cellphones are essential equipment for the "homeless" of today. Tough enough
for me sweating out how I'm going to send my three "high honor roll" kids to
college, now that their college savings are wiped out, but I've got to worry
about keeping the growing number of non productive members of society, in
cellphones

Reminds me of picture I saw projecting what Michelle Obama will look
like at the end of Obama's term:

http://www.whoknew.us/images/LaWanda_Page.gif- Hide quoted text -

Doesn't look like she will age one bit.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mar 10, 7:49*am, Jim Yanik wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote :

[...]

Almost as good as the "Reset" button Hillary gave the Russian state
department, they messed up the translation so it said "Overcharged" in
Russian. It was supposed to be a symbolic gesture/gift to "reset" our
relationship after Bush. I would like to have heard Hillary chew out
and fire whatever underling did the translating.

The best gift I ever saw was when Reagan gave somebody a rare American
long rifle (cant remember the rifle brand or the gift recipient). A
set of DVD's is one helluva crappy gift, a gift certificate to
Blockbuster or NetFlix would have been better actually.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Was it in the Jimmy Carter years? Some translator told an
old smelly Arab that the President "lusted after" him.

Yeah, that's got to be one for the Americas Videos. Hillary
lays into the translator.

Someone else noted that the DVD that were given, probably in
American format. The foreign dignitary would need to buy an
American DVD player, and a power converter for European
power.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"RickH" wrote in message

Almost as good as the "Reset" button Hillary gave the
Russian state
department, they messed up the translation so it said
"Overcharged" in
Russian. It was supposed to be a symbolic gesture/gift to
"reset" our
relationship after Bush. I would like to have heard Hillary
chew out
and fire whatever underling did the translating.

The best gift I ever saw was when Reagan gave somebody a
rare American
long rifle (cant remember the rifle brand or the gift
recipient). A
set of DVD's is one helluva crappy gift, a gift certificate
Blockbuster or NetFlix would have been better actually.

National Grid is ripping me off Jordan[_2_] Home Repair 18 November 14th 07 02:45 AM
National Pi Day Cliff Metalworking 9 March 15th 06 08:57 PM
IN NATIONAL INTEREST gib Home Repair 0 January 18th 06 04:19 AM
National HRO-500 parts. gerald rubackin Electronics 0 September 5th 04 06:52 PM