DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   MR 16 lampholder. (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/272557-mr-16-lampholder.html)

Molly Brown March 3rd 09 09:18 PM

MR 16 lampholder.

Has anyone had any problems specifically with TC-301H halogen MR16
lamp-holders? The part number may be E127321. Please reply here or to
at any time. I will continue to check for
replies for many years in the future from the date of this post.

RBM[_2_] March 3rd 09 11:53 PM

MR 16 lampholder.

"Molly Brown" wrote in message
Has anyone had any problems specifically with TC-301H halogen MR16
lamp-holders? The part number may be E127321. Please reply here or to
at any time. I will continue to check for
replies for many years in the future from the date of this post.

I don't know who's part number you're referring to, but I've had numerous
burnouts of MR-16 sockets from a variety of manufacturers. The lamps get
really hot, the heat is transferred to the pins, which in turn anneal the
socket contacts and destroy the connection

John Grabowski March 4th 09 02:00 AM

MR 16 lampholder.

Has anyone had any problems specifically with TC-301H halogen MR16
lamp-holders? The part number may be E127321. Please reply here or to
at any time. I will continue to check for
replies for many years in the future from the date of this post.

I don't know who's part number you're referring to, but I've had numerous
burnouts of MR-16 sockets from a variety of manufacturers. The lamps get
really hot, the heat is transferred to the pins, which in turn anneal the
socket contacts and destroy the connection

*Same here. If the socket to pin connection is not extremely tight they
eventually overheat. I like the look of the MR-16 light, but I always
advise against using those types of fixtures. I had one customer who
bought over 50 low voltage track lights with MR-16 bulbs. Over a two year
period most of them burned out due to poor socket to bulb connections.
Fortunately she bought a name brand from a reputable lighting store and the
factory replaced every one even though the warranty had expired. The
replacements have a much tighter socket and it is difficult to get the bulbs
in, but that is how they need to be.