Posted to alt.home.repair
z z is offline

Default How to Install Roof Vent Guard? -- 2nd Try

On Feb 27, 1:25*pm, Jay Chan wrote:
Because no one has responded the first time around, let me post my
question one last time before I give up:

I need to know the way to install a roof vent guard over a round roof-
mounted vent fan.

The round roof-mounted vent fan has a screen covering the air outlet.
But the screen has no frame to stiffen it. *Consequently, squirrels
push the screen away easily. *They lived inside the roof for some time
until I finially get rid of them. *Now, I am sure that no squirrel is
inside my roof any more. *I need to keep any new comer away.

I want to install a square steel cage over the round roof-mounted vent
fan. *The problem is that I cannot find any instruction about
installing it anywhere in internet (they only say that it is easy to
install). *Therefore, I am not sure if this is something that I can
do. *I don't want to nail it in place because I am afraid that I may
add a way for water to leak inside the roof through the nails.

One thing that I want to point out is that I have a very low pitch
roof. *The roof doesn't have any shingle. *It is covered with a thick
layer of roll-roofing. *I am not sure if this makes any difference or
not. *I want to mention about this in case this makes any difference.

Please tell me the appropriate way to install a steel roof vent
guard. *Thanks in advance.

Jay Chan

If you can get at it from the inside/attic, you might be able to mount
it pretty simply/solidly and with less risk of leakage.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 28, 3:38*am, z wrote:
[...]

it pretty simply/solidly and with less risk of leakage.- Hide quoted text -

Unfortunately I don't have an access inside the roof. There is no
attic under the roof. There is probably only one or two feet depth of
space between the roof and the ceiling under the roof. That's why I
cannot do anything from inside the house. Thanks for the suggestion
though; other people who have similar problem will be able to use your
tip to fix their roof vent problem.

Jay Chan