DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Washing MAchine trips breaker (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/271913-washing-machine-trips-breaker.html)

Dwight[_2_] February 24th 09 02:39 AM

Washing MAchine trips breaker

-------------------------------------

My washing machine fills with water then it humms for a few secounds then
thetrips the breaker. What is causeing this?

Ed Pawlowski February 24th 09 03:01 AM

Washing MAchine trips breaker

"Dwight" wrote in message
om...

-------------------------------------

My washing machine fills with water then it humms for a few secounds then
thetrips the breaker. What is causeing this?

Hard to say exactly without seeing it, but my guess is the motor is not
starting. Motors draw a lot of current on startup and unless they spin, the
breaker will trip. While it is most likely the motor, check to see than
nothing is jamming the drive system to prevent the motor from starting.

bob haller February 24th 09 03:10 AM

Washing MAchine trips breaker

On Feb 23, 10:01�pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Dwight" wrote in message

om...

-------------------------------------

My washing machine fills with water then it humms for a few secounds then
thetrips the breaker. � What is causeing this?

Hard to say exactly without seeing it, but my guess is the motor is not
starting. �Motors draw a lot of current on startup and unless they spin, the
breaker will trip. �While it is most likely the motor, check to see than
nothing is jamming the drive system to prevent the motor from starting.

check pump a sock in the puymp can do that. i speak from
experience........

WW[_2_] February 24th 09 04:14 PM

Washing MAchine trips breaker

"Dwight" wrote in message
om...

-------------------------------------

My washing machine fills with water then it humms for a few secounds then
thetrips the breaker. What is causeing this?

You would get more help if you gave brand and age. WW

Ulysses February 24th 09 08:25 PM

"bob haller" wrote in message
On Feb 23, 10:01?pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
"Dwight" wrote in message

om...

-------------------------------------

My washing machine fills with water then it humms for a few secounds

then
thetrips the breaker. ? What is causeing this?

Hard to say exactly without seeing it, but my guess is the motor is not
starting. ?Motors draw a lot of current on startup and unless they spin,

the
breaker will trip. ?While it is most likely the motor, check to see than
nothing is jamming the drive system to prevent the motor from starting.

check pump a sock in the puymp can do that. i speak from
experience........

yea, what bob and ed said.

bob haller February 24th 09 09:10 PM

On Feb 24, 3:25�pm, "Ulysses" wrote:
"bob haller" wrote in message

On Feb 23, 10:01?pm, "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:

"Dwight" wrote in message

. com...

-------------------------------------

My washing machine fills with water then it humms for a few secounds

then
thetrips the breaker. ? What is causeing this?

Hard to say exactly without seeing it, but my guess is the motor is not
starting. ?Motors draw a lot of current on startup and unless they spin,

the
breaker will trip. ?While it is most likely the motor, check to see than
nothing is jamming the drive system to prevent the motor from starting.

check pump a sock in the puymp can do that. i speak from
experience........

yea, what bob and ed said.- Hide quoted text -

my neighbor called the other day with a washer full of clothes that
wouldnt empty or spin.

he brought the skloppyt mess here and spun them out.

later we found a underwire bra wire jammed in pump.

Stormin Mormon February 24th 09 09:41 PM

Washing MAchine trips breaker

Can't tell from here. Hold it closer to the computer, so we
can see.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Dwight" wrote in
message
om...

-------------------------------------

Ulysses February 25th 09 04:15 PM

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Can't tell from here. Hold it closer to the computer, so we
can see.

LMAO

--
Christopher A. Young