Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Carpet edging for inside curve

Does anyone make carpet edging that will work with an inside curve?
The radius of the curve is two feet (60 cm). The total curve is 90
degrees.

Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 18 Feb 2009 04:41:29 -0800, Daniel Prince
wrote:

Does anyone make carpet edging that will work with an inside curve?
The radius of the curve is two feet (60 cm). The total curve is 90
degrees.

Thank you in advance for all replies.

What do you mean, by carpet edging? Do you mean the tack
strip? If so I suggest you make your own by cutting it out of some
plywood and then putting the nails in.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 18, 4:41*am, Daniel Prince wrote:
Does anyone make carpet edging that will work with an inside curve?
The radius of the curve is two feet (60 cm). * The total curve is 90
degrees.

Not that I've ever seen.....take some standard tack strip & cut some
short segments to approximate that curve.

Segments in the 6" to 9" (4 to 6 pieces) should work ok. Use at
least 3 nails per segment to secure.

cheers
Bob

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Does anyone make carpet edging that will work with an inside curve?
The radius of the curve is two feet (60 cm). The total curve is 90
degrees.

Thank you in advance for all replies.

Metal trim?

Never used this product* but have cut pieces for a radius using
regular metal trim.

* with pic of radius

"CTC Trims and Transitions can easily be modified and installed in a
radius or curve using the following directions as a guide.

Using a tin snips or other appropriate tool, cut the notches out of
perforations in leg. The number of open holes required is dependent on
the size of the radius. The more perforations that are cut the more
bendable the product becomes. (If bending the CTC Joint, you will need
to cut the leg on both sides)

Then slowly bend the CTC Trim into the desired arc. CTC Transitions
can be shaped for inside or outside radiuses We strongly suggest the
use of a template to pre-shape transitions strips prior to
installation. This will prevent "kinking" of materials. A template can
be created out of any sturdy sheet material such as plywood or
masonite."

http://www.ceramictool.com/metaltrims_carpet_trim.html

Posted to alt.home.repair

Daniel Prince wrote:
Does anyone make carpet edging that will work with an inside curve?
The radius of the curve is two feet (60 cm). The total curve is 90
degrees.

Thank you in advance for all replies.
--
Whenever I hear or think of the song "Great green gobs of greasy
grimey gopher guts" I imagine my cat saying; "That sounds REALLY,
REALLY good. I'll have some of that!"

I've seen it in the racks at the borg- slots in the back, same as on the
stuff they sell for recreating wheel wells on rusted-out cars, or on
drywall corner bead for arches. Hard part is creating a good curve. For
a one-shot deal, I'd scribe a hunk of plywood, cut it with a jigsaw, and
make (ta da!) an actual jig to bend it on and hold the curve as you nail
it down. Buy the curve and the straight runs at the same time, to get
matching style. If your borg doesn't carry it, look for something you
can cut slots in yourself, and get an extra stick since you will mess up
the first one.

--
aem sends...

Joining carpet 2 carpet & carpet 2 tiles JoeJoe UK diy 1 September 1st 06 07:24 AM
Request for help finding a cam curve that will have lower maximum contact stress than a Parabolic curve (and link to CAD and JPEG files) John2005 Metalworking 19 March 31st 06 04:30 AM
Mitre curve. Pat Woodworking 11 December 22nd 05 01:07 AM
Good way to cut this curve? Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott Woodworking 33 December 28th 04 01:28 PM