Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic,rec.sport.pro-wrestling.fantasy

Default Steve Carroll: 116 hits in 3 days is a bit excessive

Steve Carroll wrote:
On Feb 10, 8:35 am, "Edward Stanfield" wrote:
Steve Carroll wrote:
On Feb 10, 7:05 am, High Plains Thumper
wrote:
Sandman wrote:
Wally wrote:
Snit wrote:
Wally stated:
Snit wrote:

Steve, curious... what is the fascination with my
websites recently? 116 hits in three days.

Let me guess ..... the proof that all 116 hits were
actually Steve Carroll comes from the same source as all
the names that you listed that Steve Carroll was
supposed to have used.... LOL

*Hours* of time on my sites...

Are you really so delusional as to think that your word
is anywhere near good enough Snit?

Come on Snit at least produce a doctored log or two!
:-)

Why would you think I am Sandman? That is his specialty!

His specialty may lie in detecting them! .... Yours is in
producing them!

Snit is in reference to when he flooded my site no less than
270991 times, and is now found commenting on an undocumented
116 times? Hehe.

Here is the logfile of his flooding:
http://sandman.net/files/snit_flood_big.txt

It's 73MB big, so beware

The IP 24.116.66.67 belongs to cableone.net.

Perhttp://www.cableone.net/AUP/Pages/internetAUP.aspx

CableOne.Net High Speed Internet Access Service
Acceptable Use Policy

Security

Quote:
The Services also may not be used to interfere with computer
networking or telecommunications services to any user, host or
network, including, without limitation, denial of service
attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a service, improper
seizing and abuse of operator privileges and attempts to "crash"
a host.

E-mail complaints to: abuse et cableone dit net

Whether the IP is Snit's or not, that I do not know. However,
you have valid evidence of some illegal activity, which warrants
an abuse E-mail, perhaps even mailing them a CD of the abuse log
and specifics in a letter so they can terminate the user's account.

Do LARTs (Luser Attitude Readjustment Tools) work? More often
than not, yes, if one is willing to take the time to write them.
Explain the specific abuses in short, point out the charter of
CSMA and the ISP's newsgroup AUP, append the offending posts at
the end of the E-mail done in plain text.

This will eliminate another abuser at least for a time from
abusing your system. If by chance it happens to be Snit Michael
Glasser, you will have at least for a time disrupt his disruptive
trolling. As there are other ISP's in Prescott, no doubt the
abuser would acquire another. However, after a couple shut
downs, the abuser will find another newsgroup to satisfy his
neurotic obsessive compulsive behaviour.

Oh, and I just wanted to add. If someone has Snit's IP and it
happens to be cableone.net, it states in the AUP:

Quote:
Newsgroups
Quote:

Messages posted to newsgroups must comply with the written
charters or FAQ's for those newsgroups. Advertisements,
solicitations, or other commercial messages should be posted only
in those newsgroups whose charters or FAQ's explicitly permit
them. You are responsible for determining the policies of a given
newsgroup before posting to it. Posting or cross-posting the same
or substantially similar messages to more than eight newsgroups
is prohibited.

For example, TAB in COLA was a hideous troll with an wicked potty
mouth. He was using an E-mail service other than his ISP's
provided one (Google Groups I think). Advocates there LART'd him
by sending complaints to his ISP, which resulted in termination
of his ISP services. It was interesting seeing the "deer in the
headlights" look of surprise in his last E-mail message to COLA.

A good start would be abuse reports to individual.net for Snit
and albasani.net for his socks. Albasani in Germany is free, but
their administrator is good, does not tolerate trolling abuse
using their service. A couple trolls in COLA found that out
quickly, hence why there hasn't been much trolling in COLA using
Albasani.

The net is so mainstream now that there's no longer a difference in
the mind of the public between an online persona and an offline one.
Due to this... I don't report him because I prefer the method of
letting him completely ruin his reputation. If anyone ever does a
search on Michael Glasser they will find tons of negativity attached
to his name. Works for me.

To really get to Snit what we all need to do is tie his name and his
business name to as many negative things as possible, true or not.
It is the only way to stop him.

Nothing will stop Michael Glasser from being Michael Glasser... he's
simply too stupid to realize what he's done to his reputation.
Strangely, he seems to believe that the average person won't do net
research on those they plan to hire and he truly believes that people
are as stupid as he needs them to be. I don't think there can be any
doubt that his online antics have/will cost he and his family
potential income (i.e. his bragging about essentially cheating his
customers). We saw his wife complaining about how they're just above
the poverty level... there's no mystery here.

It is a public service to make up stories about Michael Glasser. Sometimes
the best way to get the truth out is to simply make it up.

Posted to alt.home.repair,comp.os.linux.advocacy,comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.music.makers.guitar.acoustic,rec.sport.pro-wrestling.fantasy

Steve Carroll wrote:
On Feb 10, 7:05 am, High Plains Thumper
wrote:
[...]

[...]