Posted to alt.home.repair

Default add neutral bus

"limeport" wrote in message
om...
I have a GE panel It has room for more circuit breakers than grounding
points on the neutral bus. There is room for adding neutral bus below
existing bus. Can I do that? If so how do I bond one bus to another?
Ed

*Check the label inside of your panel. Usually the neutral/ground bar is
approved to have multiple ground wires under one screw. By combining
several ground wires under one screw you may be able to free up some slots
for additional circuits. The neutral wires can only be one per screw.

The alternative is to add a ground bar. By screwing it directly to the
panel using threaded machine screws it will be grounded and you can swing
all of your ground wires over to it. Keep the neutral wires on the existing
bar.

Sometimes the panel label has a part number to order an additional ground or
neutral bar for the panel. Check to see if GE has provided a part number
and you can go to an electrical supply company to buy one. Also Lowes is a
GE distributor and they may have approved parts for expansion.

add neutral bus Joe Home Repair 0 February 9th 09 04:49 PM
add neutral bus HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 0 February 9th 09 04:11 PM
Hot or neutral, which is what? # Fred # Home Repair 13 December 14th 06 07:12 AM
4 gauge neutral wire doesn't fit in my neutral bus panel? sparty Home Repair 8 July 22nd 06 01:50 AM