Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Heat Pump condenser fan stop/start...

When my heat pump comes on the outside condenser fan will initially
run for 30 seconds then it will shut off. Once the blades stop
spinning it will start up again. Then it will shut off after 20
seconds. This cycle keeps repeating. What would cause the fan for the
condenser to stop and start repeatedly?

Thanks for the help.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 4:30*pm, Bubba wrote:
On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 04:23:36 -0800 (PST), wrote:
When my heat pump comes on the outside condenser fan will initially
run for 30 seconds then it will shut off. Once the blades stop
spinning it will start up again. Then it will shut off after 20
seconds. This cycle keeps repeating. What would cause the fan for the
condenser to stop and start repeatedly?

Thanks for the help.

Ok, Im going to leave this one alone.
Lets hear it ransley. Whats up with this one?
Bubba

Im no heat pro, Ive told you that 100 times, I never installed a heat
unit but I think I changed a thermocuple on a furnace, a pump on a
boiler, and lots of vents, I put in a few water heaters. But its just
like you, you brag your a 30yr pro and dont help this poor old fella,
pro.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Feb 2, 7:23�am, wrote:
When my heat pump comes on the outside condenser fan will initially
run for 30 seconds then it will shut off. Once the blades stop
spinning it will start up again. Then it will shut off after 20
seconds. This cycle keeps repeating. What would cause the fan for the
condenser to stop and start repeatedly?

Thanks for the help.

I am no expert like the other guys :-), but it sounds like something
is overheating. If you know anything about electric, dis-connect the
wires that go to the compressor, make sure they aren't touching
anything, then turn the pump on and see if it does the same thing. If
it doesn't, tehn your pump is probably shot because the bi-metalic cut-
off switch is activating/deactivating power. If it still coninues to
re-cycle, get out your meter and trace it down.

Hank ~~~just talks a good game....really don't know **** about it