Posted to alt.home.repair

Default frigidaire dishwasher problem

Hoping someone here can help. Frigidaire dishwasher, just turned 1 yr
old and stopped working - the "washing" light on the front keeps
flashing. Try different cycles, re-set the breaker, open/close the door
but no matter what when I press the start button the "washing" light
keeps flashing and nothing happens. The model is a FDB1050RES2.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Bubba wrote in
:

On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 22:13:36 -0500, Spyro wrote:

Hoping someone here can help. Frigidaire dishwasher, just turned 1 yr
old and stopped working - the "washing" light on the front keeps
flashing. Try different cycles, re-set the breaker, open/close the door
but no matter what when I press the start button the "washing" light
keeps flashing and nothing happens. The model is a FDB1050RES2.

You probably have a bad door latch assembly.
Manufacturer part number 154556701 is RepairClinic.com item number
1156998
Rather easy to replace unless you are ransley. Then you would have a
hell of a time.
Bubba

Ransley: Bubba "wants" you reeeeal bad :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair

Spyro wrote in :

Hoping someone here can help. Frigidaire dishwasher, just turned 1 yr
old and stopped working - the "washing" light on the front keeps
flashing. Try different cycles, re-set the breaker, open/close the
door but no matter what when I press the start button the "washing"
light keeps flashing and nothing happens. The model is a FDB1050RES2.

Bubba may very well be right but also:

All your documentation is located here including tech info:

http://www.frigidaire.com/support/Re...earch= Search

You can also give them a call on the toll free number listed.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bubba wrote:
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 22:13:36 -0500, Spyro wrote:

Hoping someone here can help. Frigidaire dishwasher, just turned 1 yr
old and stopped working - the "washing" light on the front keeps
flashing. Try different cycles, re-set the breaker, open/close the door
but no matter what when I press the start button the "washing" light
keeps flashing and nothing happens. The model is a FDB1050RES2.

You probably have a bad door latch assembly.
Manufacturer part number 154556701 is RepairClinic.com item number
1156998
Rather easy to replace unless you are ransley. Then you would have a
hell of a time.
Bubba

Ok, thanks Bubba for the info - that is what I was looking for.

And Red Green, thanks to you as well. That Frigidaire page with the
manual and parts catalog is also the other thing I was looking for.
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Bubba" wrote in message
On Mon, 02 Feb 2009 22:12:52 -0500, Spyro wrote:

Bubba wrote:
[...]

One last little piece of advice. Dont waste too much money on it. I
found out the hard way after purchasing all Frigidiare kitchen
appliances 6 yrs ago and THEN reading about them that they are about
the worst junk ever. The refrigerator has already been replaced after
the compressor died last month. The dishwasher has been repaired 3
times and the microwave 3 times. Steer towards a better brand.
Frigidaire is GARBAGE.
Bubba

I had a Frigidaire dishwasher. It had a meltdown. They replaced it. The
heating element didn't work and they said it worked the way it was supposed
to (not at all?). So far I've had pretty good luck with GE

I had a Frigidaire washer and dryer. The washer sounded like a herd of
stampeding elephants running through my laundry room. They said it was a
bad snubber. It sounded the same after they fixed it. I took them back and
got Whirlpool. They both (washer and dryer) lasted over ten years of abuse
by my wife. I've also had good luck with Kenmore washers, some of which are
made by Whirlpool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bubba wrote:
[...]

Ditto on Whirlpool...fridge , electric stove and dishwasher...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Bubba wrote:
On Sun, 01 Feb 2009 22:13:36 -0500, Spyro wrote:

Hoping someone here can help. Frigidaire dishwasher, just turned 1 yr
old and stopped working - the "washing" light on the front keeps
flashing. Try different cycles, re-set the breaker, open/close the door
but no matter what when I press the start button the "washing" light
keeps flashing and nothing happens. The model is a FDB1050RES2.

You probably have a bad door latch assembly.
Manufacturer part number 154556701 is RepairClinic.com item number
1156998
Rather easy to replace unless you are ransley. Then you would have a
hell of a time.
Bubba

Thanks Bubba. I bought a door latch assembly, swaped it out this
afternoon and it works beautifully. Already got a load of dishes done -
thanks for the tip.