Posted to alt.home.repair

Default how quickly can a furnace raise house temp 20F?

Hey Zoot. Think of it this way:
Lets take a 100,000 btu furnace and pull the blower and motor out of
it. Now install a bathroom fart fan in its place. Turn it all on. What
happens? You get an extremely high temperature with almost no air
movement.
Now, lets take that same furnace and install a 4 foot wide 4 blade fan
with a 50 hp motor turning at 30,000 rpm. Now tell me how much heat
you feel on the outlet side of that furnace.
Answer: None

So, if you have a 50 hp motor turning at 30,000, how hot is the heated
surface inside the heater? Real hot? Not very hot because of the blast of
air going across it?

If you answered real hot, then how can that be with a blast of air going
across it?

If you answerd not very hot, then were did the heat go?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 8:15*am, Bubba wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:09:24 -0800, "Zootal"

wrote:

"Bubba" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 20:47:15 -0500, KLS wrote:

Just had the blower motor replaced on our York furnace this morning.
Outside temps were 20F today with some wind. *The new motor was
assigned the task of warming the house 45F to 65F. *This took it
7 hours, which seems like a long time.

How many degrees per hour is a usual rate of temperature rise for gas
forced-air furnace?

You do know you have asked a trick question?
With the information you have given, it cant be answered.
Here let me give you and example or two so you might understand.
Where I live, we design furnaces to maintain an indoor temp of 70 at a
0 degree outdoor design temp.
What that means is: If my furnace is sized properly and my indoor
temperature is 70 and the outdoor temp is 0, then my furnace will run
24/7 until the outdoor temp begins to raise. If the outdoor temp
continues to drop to -10 or -20 below 0 then my house will begin to
get colder and colder and I will need to add some type of supplemental
heat.
On the other hand, with that same furnace, if it is 50 degrees outside
and 60 degrees in my home and I want to raise it to 70 I would
probably take much less than an hour.
What you are interested in is if the motor replacement you just got is
set properly. It should be set so that you get the proper "temperature
rise through your furnace as stated on the furnace equipment label.
Usually a temp in the range of 35 - 70 degrees.
More blower speed will lower this temp range. Less blower speed will
raise this temp range.
Bubba

Why would more blower speed lower this temp range? It seems to me that the
faster the air, the cooler the air blowing across elements/heat exchanger
will be, and the more heat *is getting transferred in.

Hey Zoot. Think of it this way:
Lets take a 100,000 btu furnace and pull the blower and motor out of
it. Now install a bathroom fart fan in its place. Turn it all on. What
happens? You get an extremely high temperature with almost no air
movement.
Now, lets take that same furnace and install a 4 foot wide 4 blade fan
with a 50 hp motor turning at 30,000 rpm. Now tell me how much heat
you feel on the outlet side of that furnace.
Answer: None
It all needs to be done within a range. Thats why motors have 3 and 4
blower speeds. Its so you can set the heating blower speed and cooling
blower speed to fall within a temperature rise or drop across the heat
exchanger or cooling coil.
Clear as mud now or are you one of those guys with an EE degree?
Bubba- Hide quoted text -

Whats an EE degree, is that something you just avoided. Here everyone
goes for Bachelors, Masters, and Doctorates.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 8:15*am, Bubba wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:09:24 -0800, "Zootal"

wrote:

"Bubba" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

At Zero, what do you do, offer coupons on your undersized crap.
Walmart elect heat !!!! Yea and you sell 95% efficent WH tanks you
moron, they dont EXIST, mr
Bubbatardcrapolaasbrainsimanimbicileretard, and more
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 28, 5:54�pm, ransley wrote:
On Jan 27, 8:15�am, Bubba wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:09:24 -0800, "Zootal"

wrote:

"Bubba" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Bubbatardcrapolaasbrainsimanimbicileretard, and more- Hide quoted text -

ransley ransley ransley high efficency furnaces are sized to maintain
70 degrees at zero degrees outside, unless the homeowner lives
somewhere colder like alaska.......

the furnaces are ost efficent sized this way
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 27, 8:15 am, Bubba wrote:

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:09:24 -0800, "Zootal"

wrote:

"Bubba" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

the furnaces are ost efficent sized this way- Hide quoted text -

Of course, I meant Bubbas heat world

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 19:35:04 -0500, Bubba
wrote:

[...]

Only problem, bubba, is he didn't evenask the right question - it
wasn't the blower fan motoer that was replaced. It's the cumbustion
purge blower, or eductor fan.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 26, 6:35*pm, Bubba wrote:
[...]

Of course it doesnt get to zero where you are at, or does it.