Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Arien Snowblower Drive Problem

I have an 1028 Ariens snow blower (model 924109). It runs fine but the
drive wheels don't turn. The friction disk has plently of life left.
However, I noticed that the friction plate (attached to drive shaft) and
the friction disk don't come together when the handle is engaged. There
doesn't appear to be a problem with the handle and I've adjusted the
clutch without any effect. I'm assuming that the friction plate is
designed to move toward the back of the machine to contact the friction
disk. This doesn't happen when I depress the hanlde. I can move the
friction plate by hand, but its really difficult. Any ideas?

--------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
frank1492 wrote:

Check the linkage to see if anything is broken or jammed.
Something may just need lubrication.

Sheesh. Could you be a little less definitive?
Posted to alt.home.repair

Go he http://www.opeonthenet.com/

These folks eat, drink & sleep snowthrowers, mainly premium units like
Ariens, Honda, Toro, Jacobsen, etc.

& cougar67 wrote:
I have an 1028 Ariens snow blower (model 924109). It runs fine but the
drive wheels don't turn. The friction disk has plently of life left.
However, I noticed that the friction plate (attached to drive shaft) and
the friction disk don't come together when the handle is engaged. There
doesn't appear to be a problem with the handle and I've adjusted the
clutch without any effect. I'm assuming that the friction plate is
designed to move toward the back of the machine to contact the friction
disk. This doesn't happen when I depress the hanlde. I can move the
friction plate by hand, but its really difficult. Any ideas?

--------------------------

Posted to alt.home.repair

Did you want me to post part numbers?

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:51:18 -0800, Smitty Two
wrote:

In article ,
frank1492 wrote:

Check the linkage to see if anything is broken or jammed.
Something may just need lubrication.

Sheesh. Could you be a little less definitive?

Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
frank1492 wrote:

Did you want me to post part numbers?

I don't care what you do, as long as you don't top post. It ain't my
snowblower. I just wonder whether the OP derived much benefit from you
opining that something might be broken, jammed, or in need of
lubrication.