Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Hot water heater decision; AO "prosumer" Vertex 100?

"ng_reader" wrote in message
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

Do you now have hot water heat? If so, consider an indirect fired water
heater. They are very efficient and well insulated and supply plenty of
water. I've only had mine about 3 weeks now, but I'm convinced it is far
superior to most other standard systems. At least check it out to see
how cost effective it is compared to a new stand alone.

Yeah, hot water heat and hot water via NG hot water heater. They sit right
next to each other. As for the "indirect fired water heater", I'm led to
believe that is just a storage tank for hot water. If that's the case, and
I think they aren't much different in cost than one that actually *heats*
the water, I'll take the all-in-one.

It's one of those "it all depends" deals. If you have a relatively new and
efficient heating boiler and put in a 96% water heater, you are in good
shape. If you have an older boiler that has to be replaced or a tankless
coil that is very inefficient, there is considerable savings to be had.