Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Need a plumber at midnight for daytime rates?

INTRO: I come from a family that only called in ANY service person
once, watched them like a hawk, and from then on, did it ourselves....
and yet, if I could get such help on "my" time, at regular rates, then
I could learn a thing or too and not miss work...

Need a plumber at midnight for daytime rates?

Here's the idea... I know a number of plumbers, and right now most
are out there crying the blues that business is SO depressed. On the
other hand, I think there's a real need for someone to service all of
us who have to take off from work to meet with any plumber during the
working day. But although so many claim to do work anytime, after-
hour rates ALWAYS apply... which means the difference of upwards of
2-3X the already high rates?

I think there is a big need for plumbing services that work
EXCLUSIVELY after hours and charge daytime rates.....

QUESTION 1: If you had a choice, what times would be acceptable as
well as unacceptable, times for services (i.e. when would it be good
for you?)

QUESTION 2: Even though your interest in this forum is home repair,
would you consider having such a service, if it existed. assist you
occasionally?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated by some in the industry