Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Gaza and OT

On Thu, 01 Jan 2009 23:46:11 -0600, Robert

"The government of the United States is not, in
any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

bush has approved of israels attack in gaza, and now a ground war.

israel figures make war while the war monger bush is still in control.

------------

Good for Israel. Hopefully the troublemakers in Gaza will be eliminated.
Let's all hope that Israel continues to clean out Gaza when that new
American leader is in office...

I doubt it!

IMHO Those societies have to change a great deal for Israel, who's
society is based on European (i.e. western) model to be able to
partner with them.

In 'the West' we try to practice 'Separation of Church and State'.
Doesn't always work because some of our core values are based on
certain religious beliefs, mainly North European in origin. And of
course none of them are perfect or agree with all the
others............. but that's another anecdote!

An anecdote:

Back in early 1950s there were some problems in that (Palestine) area
of the Middle East as headlined in the press of that day. I was then
in mid/late teens and the world was still recovering from WWII.

Not sure if we had acquired a TV by then or not? So newspapers, and
the radio were still 'big'!

We decided, in order to reuse, to dismantle an old picture frame.
Inside as padding were some old newspapers dating from 1926 (before I
was born!).

The headline of one of the old pink coloured but yellowing newspapers
was "TROUBLE IN PALESTINE", back in 1926 of course under some sort of
British colonial or protectorate government.

The point being that in 1926 the world was recovering from the first
World war: Hitler and Nazism had not come to power, the holocaust had
not occurred, Jewish and other peoples had not been murdered by the
millions, Israel had not been founded ('Thought of' maybe; but no
action taken).

It was not until 1948 that Israel, with the British then actively
trying to get rid of most of their 'Empire' under the guise of
granting 'Independence' to India, Pakistan, Sri-lanka, Malta etc. and
trading off the colony of Newfoundland to Canada, for example, that
the Jewish peoples managed to get a foothold in what they claim/
claimed is also their fatherland, and founded the state of Israel!

Not sure if the problem is that our so called democratically elected
forms of government won't work in societies that are very
doctrinaire; where rigid adherence to so called religious practices
and customs are expected or enforced by non elected dictators/monarchs/
religious so that a large part of the population 'knows it's place'
and has no expectation of ever receiving real freedom of opportunity
and also heir own responsibility for it.

Especially those societies who try to control (and waste) the
potential and role of 50% of their societies; women! Haven't heard of
too many Oprah Winfreys emerging from those 'limiting' societies
unless they happen to be from monied or influential (royal) families!
What a waste!

To give one small daily example of how we do NOT waste that potential;
an acquaintance of this family, a young unmarried woman has now
completed her education and obtained employment. In my opinion she may
never be a chief executive or political leader; but she's a good
sound, straight thinking, sensible and contributing member of society.
I would be proud if she was my daughter. And who knows if the
opportunity was ever presented she just might end up being a Prime
Minister, or founding her own company, or our country's ambassador
to ........... ? And good for her.

She is considering the purchase of a car, to get to work, for social
activities and because she is involved in some charitable work. She
gets advice from others such as male and female friends as to the best
type car to buy, gas consumption, reliability, maintenance, etc.

Not the least of her concerns is what type of insurance, as a newer
younger (fortunately female driver!) to buy. What is evident is that
insurance will be her responsibility alone; any accidents or driving
infringements (tickets etc.) parking misdemeanours etc. will be her
responsibility and will be on her record. As will also be her
responsibility for payment of the cost of the car and any interest/
finance charges. That's all quite normal; to us.

But contrast that with societies where women are not educated, are
almost the 'property' of male members of the family, do not drive and
are not even allowed out of the house without a male escort! How
restrictive and wasteful is that?

This rant, by the way, being written by a traditional male in his mid
70s; not some desk thumping feminist!

So sorry for being so OT but think it fits in with most opinions in
this ng. Now back to fixing the snow-blower; where's that wrench? Oh
by the way we did reuse that picture frame, it dated from even before
1926.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:

The Jews are the troublemakers; always were, still are.

Yeah--They are the ones who shoot missiles during a cease fire and send suicide
bombers all over the world. YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE !!!!
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:

All you know is what the crooked Jew press tell you. YOU'RE BLIND AS A
STUPID MOTHERFRUCKER.

Look who's talking stupid---LEARN HOW TO SPELL--and you're still an
ASSHOLE !!!

//--------------------\\
Van Chocstraw
\\--------------------//

Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
The Jews are the troublemakers; always were, still are.

Yeah, especially riff-raff like Moshe Finkelstein the acknowledged
leader of the 9/11 attacks on the US...
Posted to alt.home.repair

Van Chocstraw wrote:
Ron in NY wrote:
Van Chocstraw wrote:

The Jews are the troublemakers; always were, still are.

Yeah--They are the ones who shoot missiles during a cease fire and
send suicide bombers all over the world. YOU'RE AN ASSHOLE !!!!

All you know is what the crooked Jew press tell you. YOU'RE BLIND AS A
STUPID MOTHERFRUCKER.

Ah, the perfidious Jewish Press:

ABC - Owned by Disney. The founder, Walt Disney, was a Lebanese Christian.
NBC - Owned by General Electric. General Electric was founded by Thomas
Edison, an athiest, assisted by J.P. Morgan, a somewhat ecumenical
Christian. Today, GE does a substantial business with Iran and other
(non-Jewish) rogue states.
CBS - Bought by Westinghouse (which changed it's name from "Westinghouse" to
"CBS Corporation") which, in turn, was bought by Viacom. The family tree is
more like a bush and so cluttered it's impossible to attribute a religious
theme to the result.
Fox - Started - and still run - by Rupert Murdoch, an Australian Anglican.
CNN - Founded - and still influenced - by Ted Turner, a rabid athiest.
NY Times - The owners of the NY Times (headed by Arthur Sulzberger Jr.) are,
in spite of their Irish names, Episcoplaian (Anglican).

The Jerusalem Post is, however, Jewish-owned, so you might be on to
something.

Jews have NEVER been big in the news business. They have, however, been
influential in the ENTERTAINMENT business, both as producers and
entertainers. This is in keeping with pragmatic Jewish philosophy:
entertainers (like doctors, professors, diamond merchants, and some other
professions), when kicked out of a country, can take their skills with them
and start over. It's hard to emigrate with a printing press strapped to your
back.