Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Update on HF Multi-Master

The bits/blades for the Dremel Multi-Max fit the Harbor Freight clone
(Multifunction Tool).

Furthermore, the Dremel package says the bit also fits:

* Fein Multi-Master 636
* Bosch Multi-X PS50

- The wood-cutting blade from Dremel retails for $13.32
- A 3-pack of similar blades from Fein retails for $105.08 ($35.03 each)
- The Bosch machine uses Fein blades
- The Harbor Freight Multifunction tool wood-cutting blade is $5.99 with two
free scraper blades.

So, then, one permutation is a $6 HF blade instead of the $35 equivalent in
your Fein tool.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 2, 9:08*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
The bits/blades for the Dremel Multi-Max fit the Harbor Freight clone
(Multifunction Tool).

Furthermore, the Dremel package says the bit also fits:

* Fein Multi-Master 636
* Bosch Multi-X PS50

- The wood-cutting blade from Dremel retails for $13.32
- A 3-pack of similar blades from Fein retails for $105.08 ($35.03 each)
- The Bosch machine uses Fein blades
- The Harbor Freight Multifunction tool wood-cutting blade is $5.99 with two
free scraper blades.

So, then, one permutation is a $6 HF blade instead of the $35 equivalent in
your Fein tool.

"a $6 HF blade instead of the $35 equivalent"

Equivalent in what manner - shape/size or quality of materials/
workmanship?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 2, 10:26*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

snip

"a $6 HF blade instead of the $35 equivalent"

Equivalent in what manner - shape/size or quality of materials/
workmanship?

Doesn't matter to me if I get the same performance and durability.

Joe
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Jan 3, 12:04*am, Joe wrote:
On Jan 2, 10:26*pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

snip
"a $6 HF blade instead of the $35 equivalent"

Equivalent in what manner - shape/size or quality of materials/
workmanship?

Doesn't matter to me if I get the same performance and durability.

IF being the operative word. The world of blades and bits is a large
one. Just because a blade fits a tool doesn't mean it will perform
the same as another. It is good to know the availability of el cheapo
blades for those situations where you know you're going to be
destroying a blade.

Posted to alt.home.repair

DerbyDad03 wrote:
On Jan 2, 9:08 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
The bits/blades for the Dremel Multi-Max fit the Harbor Freight clone
(Multifunction Tool).

Furthermore, the Dremel package says the bit also fits:

* Fein Multi-Master 636
* Bosch Multi-X PS50

- The wood-cutting blade from Dremel retails for $13.32
- A 3-pack of similar blades from Fein retails for $105.08 ($35.03
each)
- The Bosch machine uses Fein blades
- The Harbor Freight Multifunction tool wood-cutting blade is $5.99
with two free scraper blades.

So, then, one permutation is a $6 HF blade instead of the $35
equivalent in your Fein tool.

"a $6 HF blade instead of the $35 equivalent"

Equivalent in what manner - shape/size or quality of materials/
workmanship?

You raise a good point - I should have said the blades are interchangable,
not equivalent.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Joe wrote:
On Jan 2, 10:26 pm, DerbyDad03 wrote:

snip

"a $6 HF blade instead of the $35 equivalent"

Equivalent in what manner - shape/size or quality of materials/
workmanship?

Doesn't matter to me if I get the same performance and durability.

Joe

But that was the question which is not yet answered. So far it was only
declared that the cheap test was met. But does it meet the value test?